1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Disputes...Lost money $850

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by egoldzone, Oct 28, 2008.

I have bad experience with paypal transaction and Lost $850....
    - I sell my website to DP member (Abbyh) $850
    - He pay me $850 with paypal
    - I give him all detail about my site: domain manager, hosting account etc.
    - after 24 hours, get disputes from paypal as unauthorized payment
    - After 1 week, I lost my $850.....!

What do you think...?
    What wrong...? is paypal scammed me or this buyer..?

He disappear now after buy my site, get my website and get his money back

egoldzone, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  2. CuteMS

CuteMS Peon

Best Answers:
    what site he bought from you?can you give in detail?

CuteMS, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  3. Finalchaos

Finalchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    of course the buyer that he scammed you.
    did you check the transaction before you accept the payment? and also did you make a note in the requestment option through out paypal?

Finalchaos, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  4. CineTube

CineTube Peon

Best Answers:
    Selling sites in paypal is very risky if your buyer is not trusted. When you sell a website you have no proof what you have sold to the buyer and this is how the buyer gets advantage and files an unauthorized payment.

CineTube, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    The buyer scammed you, Paypal was not part of the transaction apart from being a funds transfer agent. You would need to do your due diligence on the customer you deal with to ensure that they are who they claim they are. Also make sure that you do not use Paypal for virtual items as there is no protection for it.

eddy2099, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  6. Alex Brooks

Alex Brooks Banned

Best Answers:
    Contact your hosting provider and say that your hosting account was hacked, that'll get you the account back, providing you still have the e-mails, information from when you first signed up and can give as much information as possible.

Alex Brooks, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  7. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, right..
    I don't have any proof, shipping details etc. so I Lost my money
    This is my first problem using paypal after 1 years...

egoldzone, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  8. asterix

asterix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Intangible items, licenses for digital content, and services are not eligible for PayPal’s Protection for buyers
    If the Dispute is still open contact paypal and they will guide you (better give them a call if you want this done quick).Make sure you mention Digital item/Intangible items.

This should help you get back your money.

asterix, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  9. uzair21

uzair21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell the domain agent that your account was hacked. You will get your domain back if you are lucky.

uzair21, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  10. kobra69

kobra69 Banned

Best Answers:
    That buyer scammed you,of course

kobra69, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  11. amazingserviceprovider

amazingserviceprovider Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, he did not sent you from his paypal account
    He is a hacker.

he just stolen paypal accounts, and he sent money from that accounts,

it is clearly seen, because the paypal supports the sender, but not the receiver.

amazingserviceprovider, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  12. toycat

toycat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i Hate paypal for this, t happerns all the time :(

Try as hard as possible to get it back.

toycat, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  13. leemp5

leemp5 Guest

Best Answers:
    Personally id get on the phone to paypal. I rang them up having a go after they done something like that. The next day i got an email saying sorry and giving me the money back.

leemp5, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  14. Scar

Scar Peon

Best Answers:
    In the future, use Escrow.com for online transactions of that size.

Scar, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  15. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal allow disputes within 45 days of the transaction took place. So, it is still possible to get disputes on any transaction happened last 44 days ago. So, it is best to use Escrow services here. The fees is higher but compared to the loses, it is worth it.

atniz, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  16. linkgator

linkgator Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, did you even bother to check his feedbacks? He already had 4 negative feedbacks and yet you sold your site to him. If I were you, I'd do some basic research before going through the transactions and usually wait for 24 hours before transferring the site. 850$ is a lot of money, you should have used some secure payment processors like Escrow instead of PayPal.

Lesson learned, next time make sure you use some secured payment processors and don't deal with someone with lots of negative feedbacks.

linkgator, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  17. taz.solution

taz.solution Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal really suck! Paypal gets to the side of the buyer not the seller. I had a friend who sells laptops of E-bay. When the buyer received the laptop he ordered, he filed for a dispute on paypal. Of course paypal widraw the payment sent to my friend. Now, not only did my friend lost the payment but its like he gave the laptop for free.

taz.solution, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  18. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, did your friend provided sales invoices, proof of delivery (with independent online tracking) to substantiate that he has delivered the items or he simply mail the laptop without any proper sales documentations ? Because as far as I know, if you can provide conclusive independent third party proof of delivery, the seller is protected.

As you know, paypal was not there when he made the deal with the buyer and paypal was not there when the buyer received the laptop. So how would you think that paypal would believe the seller ? Paypal would side the buyer because the buyer is the one who is at risk at any transaction mainly because he puts his money out there and both paypal and the seller knows that. Thus it would be the onus of the seller to proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did ship the item to the buyer and that the authorized buyer received it.

I think one should drop the notion that all sellers are honest and buyers are not. There are dishonest sellers too. Remember that it is in Paypal's interests to side the seller because if they don't they would lose their pitiful commissions which they would have made from the sale. If the seller is dishonest then the likelihood is that the seller may have already withdrawn the money from their account and paypal would need to compensate the buyer with the full price from its own pocket.

In short, when you sell anything, make sure you do your due diligence on the person you are dealing with, make sure you know the person first before dealing. Never deal with strangers especially over paypal as paypal offers the lowest fees and in order to do that would past the onus of due diligence to you.

Also when you sell anything, make sure that you follow the basic business policy of issuing invoices, delivery order and receipts (as and where applicable). After all, you are doing a business and you need to do the basic stuff. Online and offline transactions are no different.

Make sure that you do not use paypal for non-physical items and when you deal with physical items, do not use the cheapest form of delivery but use one with online tracking such as DHL, Fedex or UPS.

As you know, if you read this forum, particularly in Payment Processing, you would know that there are a lot of people who do not care about what is right or wrong, people who advocate using fake details, sign up when they are underaged, from non-paypal supported countries, using fake ID such as photoshopped IDs and VCC to verify their account and all that. So that should give you a good indication of the people and untrustworthy characters you would deal with on Paypal especially if you pick to work with people from DP.

It is a rough market out there and amongst people that are honest, there are people who would go to all length to cheat and commit fraud and the sad thing is that these people don't have the slightly conscience and do not feel that they did anything wrong.

Sorry to be hard here but this is the true world of the online market. It is afterall not Paypal's fault, it is the fault of the people who uses paypal.

Banks created money but people get cheated on a daily basis by others because of money and it does not make its the banks' fault.

eddy2099, Oct 28, 2008 IP
    uzair21 likes this.
  19. metronome

metronome Active Member

Best Answers:
    ya, this is obvious that the buyer have scammed you.
    I think the safest way to deal with paypal buyer is accepting paypal fund only.

metronome, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  20. bigbluesky2006

bigbluesky2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never use PayPal to sell websites unless it's a very low value site and you can afford to lose the money.

Using PayPal for any major domain or site sale is asking for trouble. Use Escrow who verify the funds before allowing the transaction to take place.

bigbluesky2006, Oct 28, 2008 IP
    uzair21 likes this.