1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal dispute who?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Creative_illusion, Sep 8, 2008.

Good morning,

I have a very important questions that maybe you guys can help me or suggest any legal moves to do.

I have a client which had ordered 2 themes design. After completing the assignments and sent the files to the client on Sept 03 and 07 and paid me the right amount after that on Sept 08 2008, I suddenly received a dispute and claims from my client that gives me a horrible negative amount on my paypal account which was never happen to me before. Good thing I regularly withdraw all the money on my paypal.

I talked to my client and ask him. "Why you apply for a dispute?" and answered me, "I didn't do anything"... and I reply.. "You appear to be the counter party and you saying you didn't know" ..

My client always denying the dispute and claim the he send to me and saying that paypal apply for dispute and claims not him. :eek:

Is it possible that this act is consider as some sort of scamming technique?

What will I do with this kind of issue? Any help guys?

Thanks

Creative_illusion, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  2. randomIntellections

randomIntellections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like he paid you with a stolen credit card or stolen account. The real owner has made a dispute. Anyway you have been scammed and since it is a electronic product you cannot do much with paypal.

randomIntellections, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  3. Business_in_2008

Business_in_2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    If the disputes points back to him, sure, he scammed you. All you can do is show paypal all your evidence or what ever chat logs you have with the person. It's a toss up. One other thing to do is make the public aware of the scammer. Is it from here?

Business_in_2008, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  4. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    well first paypal dont start a Dispute... its the buyer who start the dispute... can you tell me wether its a credit card chargeback or simple paypal dispute? and also can you tell me how much the amount of money you lost because of your buyer... i mean does it take 10 to 20$ more from you as chargeback fees....

anyway there is not much you can do anymore.... other then send proof to email that you give your buyer what he ordered for or send the emails to paypal..... however paypal dont protect for digital products....

Pervert-For-Life, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  5. Creative_illusion

Creative_illusion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry Business_in_2008, But I won't make any public announcement regarding on his information, as he had told me that he will resolve the dispute issue at the soonest time. Hope he does.

It's a paypal dispute and actually I haven't lost anything yet but a negative amount on my paypal was the only concern. The amount of money was not more than $xxx only.

I told my client to simply reply to my message on paypal, but he refused to do so.

Have a quick look of our case in jpeg format. (is this legal to show on public)

[​IMG]

Thanks guys for all the help. I need more suggestions regarding on this matter.

6. randomIntellections

Best Answers:
    This is a credit card scam. The buyer has paid using someone else's credit card and they have made a chargeback with their credit card company. The company has in turn taken the money back from paypal who have started the inquiry. There is 90% chance that the money will be reversed. Paypal will try to cover your negative balance by taking the money from your bank account. If you do not live in the US i strongly suggest you close your bank account/ if your bank can change the routing and account numbers. If you are in the US they will mostly provide your information to a third party collection agency to get the money from you since its $xxx.

randomIntellections, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  7. EliteTiMeR

EliteTiMeR Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup probably a scam by the client, often paypal is unstable with disputes I wouldn't recommend paypal with huge amounts of money.

EliteTiMeR, Sep 8, 2008 IP
  8. Creative_illusion

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If I close my account which I always use on my daily transaction. It's a total waste of time for me and paypal would think that I'm guilty with this issue which I don't want to happen.

I hope not. This client of mine is very polite and you won't even imagine he will do such things. All I was asking for him is to simply reply to my counter reason message to resolve the dispute, but he always telling me. " I don't receive any" wtf. Now I don't really have any idea if he is telling the truth.

9. Pervert-For-Life

Pervert-For-Life Banned

Best Answers:
    oh i guess you are now at his mercy.... if he dont reply to paypal then you will lose the money.... anyway next time be careful is all i can say because i dont see any other option left for you other then wait for paypal decission.... however you can email paypal and tell them that you have worked hard to desgin his stuffs and send them the proof of you sending the stuffs to him.... screen shot of emails or any thing else like conv. of yahoo or msn etc.... and tell paypal you send months to make that stuff for him... and now you goiong to lose the money for all that time you have wasted.... this is all i can suggest...

Pervert-For-Life, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  10. dilluzionz

dilluzionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I thought that if the other person does not reply to the dispute, and you have, PayPal will rule in your favor. I may be wrong, but I think that's the way it is. You might want to look at PayPals dispute policy to be sure.

dilluzionz, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  11. dilluzionz

dilluzionz Peon

Best Answers:
    I got this from the PayPal help center: "If a dispute is not resolved or escalated within 20 days after it's opened, the dispute is closed automatically. The dispute can no longer be escalated to a claim for PayPal to review, and the transaction is not eligible for PayPal protection coverage"

And this: "If you and your seller are unable to resolve a dispute, you can escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

Disputes can be escalated to a claim any time within 20 days of the date the dispute was opened. If a dispute is not escalated to a claim within 20 days, it is closed automatically. Closed disputes cannot be re-opened or escalated to a claim.

When the 20 day deadline is approaching, we will remind you by email and on the Dispute Details page. "

So I think if your customer does not escalate it to a claim, PayPal will close the dispute and you have your money. Unless of course it is funds from a stolen credit card, then I think you lose it.

12. Creative_illusion

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have a negative amount of money in paypal. Does it mean guys, if I add funds to my account paypal will get it to me and never give it back?

Creative_illusion, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  13. -whynot-

-whynot- Banned

Best Answers:
    may be,just May Be ur client account is limited!!! for any reason so the dispute automaticly start..
    other wise he is a fishy scammer:D

-whynot-, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  14. randomIntellections

Best Answers:
    your funds will be used to cover the negative amount and if it remains it will be added to your account like normal. Their investigation is independent of your balance.

randomIntellections, Sep 9, 2008 IP
  15. dilluzionz

dilluzionz Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, from what I read on PayPal, a PayPal inquiry is where PayPal actually starts the inquiry. If it was the buyer, it would be listed as "Claim" or "Dispute" with a reason as "not received" or "Significantly not as described".

I had one once and PayPal reversed the transaction, taking the money out of my PayPal balance. So it most likely was a stolen credit card. And if you add funds to your PayPal account, PayPal will take it. If you have a bank account listed with PayPal, they may withdraw the funds from your bank account to cover it.

Hope that helps.

16. Creative_illusion

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Guys. Please read this.

Yesterday he offered me that he will cover the negative amount on my paypal by transferring money from his ex girlfriend for the amount of $xxx. And her ex-girlfriend made the payment and I was so happy atleast I can use my paypal for my daily money transaction. But, on the 10th day of September I receive again a dispute case coming from this girl. What the... What is the real motive behind. I'm so confuse. He cover the negative amount on my paypal but then again file a dispute. I have 3 unsolved dispute. What will happen on my paypal account. Non of them was resolve. What will I say on my last dispute?

Creative_illusion, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  17. Creative_illusion

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Don't you think guys giving him a trust to cover my negative balance is a good idea or another bad move from my part?

Creative_illusion, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  18. ceemage

ceemage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but it really sounds as if he's just stringing you along, very possibly with a series of stolen credit cards. I think, for your own sanity, you probably need to accept that your money is gone. Yes, keep contacting him and chasing up for as long as he keeps responding (which may not be much longer in any case). But recognise that it's probably a chance in a million that you'll get the money back now.

And in future, for anything this large, use an escrow service. But, yeah, hindsight is always 20:20...

ceemage, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  19. Business_in_2008

Business_in_2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Poster above me said close to what i would say. But i'll just add that it's sad that even if you do get your money back (low chance) the first intention was to scam you.

Business_in_2008, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  20. dilluzionz

dilluzionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it listed as a "PayPal Inquiry" or "Claim" or "Dispute"? If it's a PayPal Inquiry, you don't stand much of a chance, as it is probably a stolen credit card. If it is a dispute or claim, you can respond saying that items were delivered, but since it's a digital item, PayPal will probably rule against you. If you can get the guy to close the dispute (or if he can get his girlfriend to close it) you're OK. Chances are that's not going to happen. Maybe you can get him to pay you with Moneybookers or escrow if he is on the up and up.
    Sounds like he's a scammer, though.

dilluzionz, Sep 13, 2008 IP