1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal dispute web design

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by nenncy, Mar 4, 2014.

Hello,
    I've just wondering what's the go with selling digital goods and Paypal....
    What's happening in case that seller wins dispute in case of intangible goods (website design)? Is Paypal going to provide actual real address to buyer in order to send goods back? I think there is no reason for that because every file of web design were sent to buyer via email, but still...

Had anyone similar experience..?

nenncy, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  2. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    See understand the terms first
    Buyer is the person who buys your webdesign service
    Seller is the persoon who provides web design service
    So if a buyer starts a dispute claim in paypal ( assuming he paid the money already) , paypal guys will hold your funds in paypal a/c (ie) you will not be able to withdraw to your bank a/c or do any transaction with that money.
    Then you have to reply to the Dispute solution system with paypal a/c with all the details about the transactions / agreements / mail-chat logs & explain the situation & convince them that you are innocent to deserve the payment , if they find truth in your response , they would definitely release the funds in your a/c & you will be free to use it.
    On the other hand , if they are not convinced with your response with the valid proof , then the funds will be returned to the buyer.

So don't worry , communicate with paypal guys & sort it out wisely :)

phptechie, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  3. nenncy

nenncy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    Do you know in case I win this dispute, is Paypal going to provide my home address to buyer in order to return items? I think it should not because there is no tangible goods. I'm asking because next step is called "return items".

Thanks.

nenncy, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  4. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    You should always have a contract written up with your client, else you have nothing backing you if you say, "I'm owed $x for [some intangible service]."

However, my contracts always have clauses that protect not only me but also protect the client. If you don't follow through with your work, the client should always have the right to dispute your charges, so you can't just write a contract that says, "Client X has to pay me $x and there's nothing they can do about it."

Our contracts outline the payment terms and schedule for the client to protect us, but we also include completion deadlines and project scopes to protect the client. Then we log all work in our project management system so we have proof of various tasks being completed by specific dates.

Iconiplex, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  5. Jamesqu

Jamesqu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For web design is a bit different the buyer can claim he doesn't like it after any change you make (abusive mode). If he doesn't want to pay he claims the web site is not look nice for him. This is a rare case, but if it happens and you have to see the 'thief' if it is using your design on his web site.

Jamesqu, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  6. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend to call your client before doing a transaction. In case you have any doubt for the fraudulent transaction. Just refund the amount. IF you are using any billing system using mindmax integration to aviod fraud. Many hackers use a credit card own to third party. When the actual owner file a complaint. The whole amount get reversed. So its better to refund them before time.

AlphaNine_Vini, Mar 8, 2014 IP
  7. SAGILIO

SAGILIO Member

Best Answers:
    digital goods not accept paypal dispute

SAGILIO, May 14, 2015 IP