1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal Dispute.. Please guide me

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by tradeepak, Apr 29, 2007.

I had sent a person $490 for exchanging e-gold. But in the description while paying in paypal, it has been put as "Hosting Order"

He never sent me e-gold and went off.. now i have filed the dispute as non receipt of item.

What do i need to do moving forwards?

Worst case is that his paypal is unverified :(

tradeepak, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  2. sandrarocks

sandrarocks Banned

Best Answers:
    paypal unverified..don't worry.

First make it a unauthorized transaction. Do a charge back.Paypal always support the people who paid and not the receiver. Your in a good position. :)

Need any further help. Let me know. I have been scammed in the past on DP for egold and paypal trade and i have stopped it since then. And of course i lost the cases as i was the receiver of the money and the scam'er claimed through the unauthorized transaction option of paypal. :(

sandrarocks, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  3. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    but i made it as "item not received"

not the unauthorized transaction one

4. sandrarocks

sandrarocks Banned

Best Answers:
    Well if its done. Lets wait.Now its in Paypal hand. They may ask you for some proof and as well as the scammer.

sandrarocks, Apr 29, 2007 IP
    humm likes this.
  5. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Pray that the scamming dude.. doesn't reply paypal. If he does, paypal takes 1month for investigation, but they lock his funds for that time. :)

If he doesn't reply back to paypal.Then cash returned in 1 week. Wait for 3 days for a reply. 3rd day pass for a paypal dispute. 6-7th day paypal will refund if no seller response. :)

humm, Apr 29, 2007 IP
    Disguised and sandrarocks like this.
  6. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    same thing happened to me a while back. I sent him money and his paypal account was unverified too. He never sent me egold and I filed a claim but he responded to paypal that he had delivered the item electronically. And I didn't get any money from paypal :(

Disguised, Apr 29, 2007 IP
    humm likes this.
  7. JeffMichaels

JeffMichaels Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, if the person replies to the dispute you're screwed. PayPal's Buyer Protection policy does not cover intangible/non-shippable purchase or transactions. The fact that the receiver was 'unverified' doesn't help you either; PayPal provides less protection for buyers who send money to unverified recipients. Did you happen to fund this transaction through a credit card? If so, just charge it back through your credit card company.

JeffMichaels, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  8. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can immediatly escalate the dispute so they can't respond, and for a reason you can put something like "talked with them over aim and they refused to return money". Then its up to paypal to decide

killafawk, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  9. JeffMichaels

Best Answers:
    Don't escalate it to a dispute until you can qualify the transaction as something tangible/shippable. If you escalate it before that, PayPal is going to throw it out within minutes.

10. JeffMichaels

Best Answers:
  11. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    how would you do that though? once he responds hes gonna win, and even if he doesn't respond i don't think hes stupid enough to leave his CC info on the site. IF they take off there bank and CC you can't recieve any money back even if you do win.

killafawk, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  12. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    I dont think he will respond. Let me wait and see. As u said i will not escalate it since it is intangible item.

13. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if he has withdrawn the money from his account, chances are you will never see it ever again. Besides money exchanges without a license on Paypal is illegal and will inevitably get the accounts terminated anyways.

That's why I said time and time again to never do Paypal to E-Gold Exchanges unless you know and trust the other party or else you could say goodbye to your money. 99% of the time such deals are con jobs.

eddy2099, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  14. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why do u people send money to unverified account,its always a risk.

getjimmy, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  15. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Tradeepak, I've been tracking your threads for the last several months and it seems that you end up with one new problem with your Paypal account every month. I seriously hope that your account does not get limited yet another time for this or any other reasons.

Never do money exchanges using your Paypal account, not only is it risky, it is not accepted by Paypal if you do transfer with a non-licensed exchanger.

eddy2099, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  16. Sockpuppet

Sockpuppet Guest

Best Answers:
    The funny thing about unverified accounts are they are actually alot less likely to account limitations in my opinion than verified ones. Paypal knows you can't withdraw the money so they don't worry too much about you regardless of any disputes or claims against you. You get the same amount of disputes put on a verified account and they will limit your account.

Sockpuppet, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  17. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with you people.