1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal debt collectors :(

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by crazyryan, Sep 20, 2006.

1. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been monitoring this thread and there are quite a number of under 18 years old who speak out and they appear to be very busy savvy. Some of them may even more successful and knowledgeable than some of us who are way above 18 years old. The kids of today and the kids 100 years ago or even 20 years ago are very different. In this time and age, they are more exposed because of the internet and better education.

I am sure that without a shadow of a doubt that the kids of today who are internet savvy are educated and can read and write which means that they are capable enough to read contracts and to sign up forms. I am sure that because of that, they know that they are abusing the system as it is now by lying about their age to sign up for Paypal accounts and other services online which cannot physically verify a person's age.

Don't you think they should be made to be responsible for their actions ?

Yes, I agree that for someone between the ages of 0 and 12, they may not have the ability to understand responsibility but most children between 12 to 18 years old knows what they are doing.

Just my thoughts.

eddy2099, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  2. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Eddy,
    I see what your saying but i disagree. Being a minor i think of it differently. As long as us minors are not trying to use paypal/other various money making programs etc to scam i dont see why we shouldnt be alloud to use it. Do you think its fair that there are thousands if not tens of thousands of kids who could make tons of money on the internet but can't because of stupid laws/rules put into place by huge companies like paypal? Personally i don't and nor does my dad (he registered a paypal in his name and lets me use it). When you mention us being responsible for "our" actions what are you saying? I do perfectly legit business so what am i responible for? Age is just a number eddy its not what the world revolves around..

Have a nice day
    Harrison

xharrisonx, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I see you don't understand what I am saying.

Well basically what I am saying is that if you contact business, you can to be true to your words and follow through with it. So basically that is saying that you should be doing legitimate business.

I am saying that you cannot take the 'minor' stand and cheat anyone and get away with it.

Like I said, I applaud innovative and business savvy use and I have nothing against them. It is just that they cannot do something wrong, run away from responsibility and say they are minor and don't own up.

Business is business so no matter how young or how old you are, you need to be honest.

If some place say that they do not deal with minors then you have to comply with that and look for some other solutions.

It is like GoDaddy doesn't want to deal with people from my country, Singapore so I cannot fight them over it, I just deal with someone else which have no problem with that. Business are business and they can can decide who they want to deal with.

Actually it wouldn't be a wrong thing to tell the other party that you are a minor and if the other party will continue dealing with you, that's great.

I am saying that the minors of today are a lot smarter and are more educated than when I was young. In my days, we do not have internet or computers and we just have to make up our own entertainment. We don't do business and if we do, we are helping our family business and so on for pocket change.

So basically, yes, age is not an issue but rules are rules. They are outdated in today's context. The minor age should be lowered.

However, when coming to a contract, you have to agree with all the terms of the contracts, you cannot selective agree with what meets your needs and ignore those parts which does not work with you. It is agree with all or don't use it.

If you use your dad details to sign up with paypal then the contract is between paypal and your dad.

I hope you understand what I am saying here.

eddy2099, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  4. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:

Great post...maybe people will start to think before running their mouths (fingers) ......

ok well nah that isn't going to happen.......but we can hope right????

:cool:

Sem-Advance, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just saying that if the minors can make business decisions and all that, why they cannot be responsible for the contracts they enter, why can't they be bounded by the full agreement too ? Why must the contract terms be selective for minors ?

One moment, you guys applauded the minor for being business savvy and the next moment you say that the minor are not capable of making such decisions and thus contracts cannot apply .

eddy2099, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  6. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Eddy,
    I thought you were trying to say that because we tend to lie about our age's etc that we should be punished. I would give a more in depth response but i am very busy right now and do not have the time.

Thanks
    Harrison

xharrisonx, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  7. chatmasta

chatmasta Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, don't get me wrong, eddy, I totally agree with you. There's still a huge responsibility factor, and even if it's in a parent's name, then it should be up to the parents to enforce the consequences. Otherwise what would they be teaching their kids?

chatmasta, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  8. outofideas

outofideas Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone know of a paypal type service for minors? or should i just pull a ryannnn and fake it?:D

outofideas, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  9. emz

emz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you owe them the money from an illeget business transaction; take responsibility for your actions and cough up the cash. You know what you were doing when you signed up and if you plead ignorance you just make all the other minors who are conducting legitimate business online lose integrity, unjustfully.

emz, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  10. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    i left school at 14 and was a minor when i started business on the net

and was looked down on alot becuase of it... but im still here at 20
    if your a minor just step up and be a man (or woman)
    take full responsablility for everything you do.. and if you have to.. lie about your age... while still taking full responsablility and acting as proffessional as you can.. most people these days will work with minors tho.. its changed alot

i signed a large contract with a major PPC provider at about 16 and are still with them and they now know i was 16 when i started with them and they actually applauded me for being so proffessional

i havnt had any problems with paypal that wernt merited

i also met alot of other minors who were trying to make it just like me
    prove all the people wrong who wont deal with minors.. maybe someday you can reject deals from them ;)

munt, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  11. abe

abe Active Member

Best Answers:
    in the US you'd owe $0

abe, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  12. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats how you can afford it,

so you do have money to make this payment????

I am not trying to start a shitfight with you over this but please do not lie.

Connections, Oct 1, 2006 IP