1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal debt collectors :(

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by crazyryan, Sep 20, 2006.

1. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    the same thing happened to me earlier this year,
    not for 85.00 but for 2155.00

im 14, but i paid for it no problem and i keep getting paymnts through paypal :)

xharrisonx, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  2. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have knowingly fraudulently claimed you are at least 18 years old in your contract with Paypal, and you seem to be proud of that. This attitude really bothers me. I don't particularly want to do business with anyone who has such a cavalier attitude about what s/he signs.

Why not do business with under-18s? In part because of this:
    http://www.sylaw.org/docs/Contracting.htm

Nonny, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  3. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    the paypals under my dads name/my company (inc)

i appreciate all the feedback regarding not doing business with minors
    :) have a good day

4. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:

Not all of us feel this way....A minor built one of the sites that makes me the most revenue.

Also most contracts today are unenforceable from the logistical aspect....so why people are so set on using them for long distance web work makes little sense.

Peace & good luck in business..

Sem-Advance, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  5. topaffiliateprogram

topaffiliateprogram Peon

Best Answers:
    you have 5 websites in signatures its hard to believe that you are 14 and have so much sites/posts .

you need to post exact incidence . Did you buy something and did not pay for it . or did you sell something and did not ship the product after getting payment . if anything happens its your responsibility as a good person to pay back ...

but did anyone else hack your paypal account and buy something from it . or did anyone cheated you like bought anything using your account etc etc .. if such things happen write letter to paypal and ask them to improve there service. and donot pay at all . ?

topaffiliateprogram, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  6. TVCokeCan

TVCokeCan Peon

Best Answers:
    Trust me, paypal is the bane of all evil for any kid. I signed up and still have a account however it is not without problems, I tend to be honest and never had a problem like the topic poster, however I do find it is sometimes a little TO easy to buy things. Just a question, why does paypal ask you to agree that you are over 18 (check box when signing up) if it still means no legal defence for them?

TVCokeCan, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  7. topaffiliateprogram

topaffiliateprogram Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to add credit card . and most banks allow you to have credit card after age of 18 ... now if you are going to use your mom's credit card ofcourse you will find her in trouble .

topaffiliateprogram, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  8. TVCokeCan

TVCokeCan Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought that, I really did. But my cash point card (a card anyone over 14 (maybe 16) can get) worked. However this may of been corrected, I signed up 2 years ago but it still works.

TVCokeCan, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  9. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah paypal just totally scams,
    i had to pay off 2155.00 because i accepted payment from someone who ended up being a scam (it was a stolen cc)

but its cool,

thanks
    harrison

10. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    harrison what is your background in webmaster terms?

14 and acting liek 2g isnt any thing lol.....mysapce guru hahahah

post up proof of this $$$

Connections, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said.

As for others talking about contracts being voided, or upheld if the minor was found to be lying. Try that one in actual court. The reason why a minor can not enter into a contract is because they are not considered capable of making the necessary decisions nor possessing the necessary judgements. The very fact that a minor lied just reinforces this, does not nullify it. i guarantee you the fact that a minor might lie about their age will not make the contract stick.

aeiouy, Sep 21, 2006 IP
    Foggy likes this.
  12. crazyryan

crazyryan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They aren't my sites, that sig space got rented out .. I have 3-4 sites that aren't earning anything .. Just because I'm 14 doesn't mean I can't create a successful site.

crazyryan, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Fighting with a 14 year old now are we????

Calling him out is a big move :rolleyes:

If you read his post he received a payment of $2,000+ which was paid with a stolen credit card..

The kid stood up like a man and paid the $2g back and you jump on him???

And more than likely that $2g payment was for a website he built and nothing to do with Myspace.

Why should he need to prove anything to any of us??

Sem-Advance, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  14. dre

dre Peon

Best Answers:
    Unlucky, paypal shut me down too (im 16) over $120 (i withdrew $800 the day before, imagine if i didnt!) in my paypal too. They refused to transfer the money to my bank account and limited my account, they even refuse to DELETE my account and remove my debit card. Do you see their game? All the accounts they have shut down and getting interest off the money in that account. I was thinking of paying £90 to start a company, then i could create a paypal account :D, is it possible?

dre, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Actually get a USD Lawyer and start a class action lawsuit as what paypal is doing is illegal.

Those funds are not theirs to keep and certainly they are not allowed to use those funds for earning purposes.

It should be a fairly easy case to win as the US has banking regulations in place to protect consumers. Those fundsa for US accounts should be turned over to the State Treasurers account.

Sem-Advance, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  16. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Connections,
    I got into this internet/webmaster stuff like 7 months ago +/- since then i have started many small/medium sized ventures and i have been pretty successful. I indeed have been called a myspace guru :cool:. The 2155.00 that i paid off to paypal actually had to deal with some various myspace services that i used to offer way back in the day! Btw i wont show any proof because i have nothing to prove...Unless your the i.r.s.......

Are you???

xharrisonx, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  17. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hows this rep comment I got over this thread -

now i lost all respect for you..no wonder your posts make no sense...You are just looking to make fun of 14 year olds who can't defend themselves

where was I making fun of 14 year olds hahaha,

get your parents to defend you maby if your that worried, why are you even on the internet posting if you cant defend yourself from certian things that will pop up?

Connections, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  18. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont hate on connections! he was just curious. recently i have started to get addicted to dp forums and one thing i hate is how people jump to conclusions and always judge!

PZ
    Harrison

xharrisonx, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  19. chatmasta

chatmasta Peon

Best Answers:
    You know, 14 year olds can think. It's high school age, and I know people close to that age making more money than their parents.

Besides, when did he ever say it's registered in his name? I'm a minor and I have my PayPal registered in my mother's name, and another in my dad's. It's still hooked up to my bank account, etc, but it's just in their name. Perfectly legal, as long as it's with their consent, which it is.

chatmasta, Sep 23, 2006 IP
    Nonny likes this.
  20. LiquidStyle

LiquidStyle Guest

Best Answers:
    I woke up the other day and I had like a balance of $50 before hand. Now its -$128. Same thing. A dispute. Its bullshit. Theyll never see a dime out of me. Just throw the letter away man. Dont worry about it. They are a big company and 100 isnt shit to them.

I'v been using paypal since I was 13, successfully up untill now.

LiquidStyle, Sep 23, 2006 IP