1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal claim opened against me ,please help!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by pastelmarine, Jul 27, 2014.

Okay so a few weeks ago I sold an item to a buyer. I shipped the item before realising that the buyer wanted a tracking number. The shipping option that I chose did not include a tracking number.

The buyer then opened a dispute as they were afraid the item would not arrive. (The buyer lives in Italy and apparently many articles without tracking get lost there)

Now the buyer has escalated the dispute to a claim. 45 days have not yet passed.
    I shipped the item on the 8th of July. The dispute was opened on the same day.
    The dispute was escalated to a claim on the 24th of July.

What should I do in this situation? Please help. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me.

pastelmarine, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing more you can do than explain in your response what happened and PayPal will eventually adjudicate. If the item arrives, hopefully the buyer will withdraw the dispute. ... chalk it up to experience.

Agent000, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    paypal will require tracking...
    hopefully your buyer is honest...
    if not, he will most likely win...

It is already apparent to me that he is not an honest buyer...
    otherwise you two would have been in communication about the order,
    and he would not have went behind your back to file a dispute....

hope for best, expect the worst...

dscurlock, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  4. CalebSpilchen

CalebSpilchen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've been an avid eBay/Amazon buyer since I was like 12. I've also sold thousands of products in a single day through PayPal. The number one thing that you need in the situation of a dispute or claim (heck, even a chargeback) is some proof that you've actually given them the item. No matter WHAT, the buyer requests... you MUST MUST, get a tracking number for your shipment. Most companies here just give you one for any shipment of size (IE: not in an envelope), but if they don't it's usually a few bucks.

Then, anytime that ANYONE says hey I didn't get this, you can provide that tracking ID (Which you should provide anyway), and there's proof that they got it. In this situation, you're pretty much screwed if the buyer knows this, because they can enjoy whatever you sent them, and you have no proof you actually sent this.

By the way, if you're curious (and for others) about how it works for digital goods disputes/claims. You cannot put a claim in on a digital good, so if you just put that in the dispute... auto close ;)

Caleb

CalebSpilchen, Jul 30, 2014 IP