1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal chargeback

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by hurricane_sh, Oct 13, 2004.

When I received fraudulent orders before, normally just refund the order. Recently a paypal order was charged back, but this time I was charged $10 chargeback fee, is it normal? How to prevent paypal fraudulent orders? Thanks!

hurricane_sh, Oct 13, 2004 IP
    obenix likes this.
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    debunked, Oct 13, 2004 IP
  3. dagaul

dagaul Guest

Best Answers:

Join the club, the $10 charge is what the credit card company charges paypal for allowing fraudulent use of a customer's cc on their services, paypal on the other hand forwards the full charge to you their loyal unsuspecting seller, it was not you that stole and used the credit card, but this doesn't feature in paypal's code of ethics, and 99.9% of the time paypal will bow down to the demands of the credit card company, so I am afraid in addition to losing the chargeback you will also lose the $10, and yes this is normal, there is nothing stopping a customer buying something then phoning up his credit card company and initiating a chargeback, by law the credit card company have to fight for their client, even if you see him with the merchandise he is claiming was used with his stolen credit cards.

dagaul, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm in the wrong business. I should have been a bank or a cc company.

Mia, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  5. intek

intek Guest

Best Answers:
    We had the same problem, We got charged $15 for the charge back.

I hate dealing with paypal. There are so many scammers out there just waiting to prey on us. I would always getting a 3rd party merchant account. We use www.2checkout.com to accept our payments. We try to call the client just after the purchase is made to verify the order. Ok its costs $1 or 2 but its better than looseing a whole order and being landed with the chargeback fee.

intek, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  6. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had a charge back on PayPal. $10.00

I've had a charge back on 2CheckOut. About $30.00

Do the math.

tom

TommyD, Aug 27, 2005 IP