1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Charge Back

Discussion in 'General Business' started by duchris, Aug 11, 2018.

Sorry guys. Need some advice. From San Francisco, so I hope there are some good people to direct me in what to do. I am in a catch 22. Long story short. I owe money to a person because my paypal did chargebacks for transactions I made with him for bitcoin, about $25,000 total. I am planning to pay him back after the fraud check period goes through. (ie they it can take up to 120 days. He took that information and filed a police report. In any way, I had no clue there were going to be chargebacks, my credit card is also going through my records to fix fraud disputes that I reported. Do I need to worry about the police report? I stopped contacting him because I got scared. Will the police show up to my door? I am also on informal probation, and the guy knows who I am.

duchris, Aug 11, 2018 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not likely but considering the amount involved, I'd be surprised if you do not receive a phone call at the very least.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 11, 2018 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Police generally do not get involved with business disputes unless they believe that there is evidence of criminal activity (e.g., intentional fraud) and will tell a complainant that it is a civil matter and he or she should take their beef to court. So, if this is the only complaint about you and you have evidence to back up what you say above, then it should not be an issue even if the police do decide to look into it, which I believe is unlikely at this point. Obviously, you want to take care of this as expeditiously as possible to forestall any such issues.

jrbiz, Aug 12, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    First up, I'm sorry that this happened to you.
    You should have. The scam is well documented online.
    Normally I'd say the police showing up would be a good thing but these days... I'd take a pre-emptive strike and go to them and lodge your own complaint of fraud. Even better if you can prove who the other party is and they're in America too. Your "record" doesn't prevent you from seeking justice. You need to completely document how the transaction happened, how the con groomed you so that you trusted him/her, when you bought the bitcoin, when you handed it over, the more detail the better. Screenshot everything including text messages.

The basic rule is that you don't spend money online (on bitcoin, goods, or services) that you can't afford to lose.

sarahk, Aug 12, 2018 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wait a min... YOU bought 25k worth of bitcoin then PayPal charged back meaning you have your original $25k and the seller is without payment and his bitcoins????? And YOU stopped communication with him because YOU got scared of legal action????????????????????? What are you stupid? Of course he's going to take legal action. He doesn't have the money and you have everything. My god...you should pray only the police show up and not this dude with a bat or gun. It sounds like you defrauded him. There was NO reason for you to stop communication. He's simply trying to collect his money. What is wrong with you?

NetStar, Aug 19, 2018 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This idiot is scared of the police showing up but doesn't give a crap about what the other person is going through being without their money..........

NetStar, Aug 19, 2018 IP
  7. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    If there was nothing criminal - then the police won't even take it into their consideration.

Konnock, Oct 2, 2018 IP
  8. snakeplissken

snakeplissken Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are a scammer

snakeplissken, Oct 3, 2018 IP