1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal Business type for freelancer for accepting donations

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by xxZeus, Apr 10, 2015.

Hey guys,
    I have a verified Paypal accounts it and have received couple of payments in past successfully. I am a programmer and recently set-ed up my website and it is used daily by many peoples so I thought why not add a donate button and went to Paypal create button page, but there was no option for "donate button". So googled and found that I need to upgrade Paypal account to business type to accept donations.
    So my problem is that which business type to choose from the categories provided, I see no category for a freelancer.
    Here are pics for business types :
    Main Categories :
    [​IMG]

I thought that "services - other" and "computer, accessories.." would be of my type as I am a programmer freelancer so I took a pic of their sub-categories

"computer, accessories.." Sub-category :
    [​IMG]

"services - other" Sub-category :
    [​IMG]

I hope you guys can tell me right category and sub-category for a programmer freelancer.

xxZeus, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  2. vh6889

vh6889 Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to upgrade your account to business, if you just want to get donate for your work just using a premium account. Using a business account without a business license will lead to permanently limited, trust me, you won't want to ;)

vh6889, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  3. xxZeus

xxZeus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh ok, I upgraded to premium and saw that I didn't had any donation button so i google-ed and found out that in India donations through Paypal are not allowed. So any alternatives for donations in India?

xxZeus, Apr 10, 2015 IP