1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal banned my 5+ year old account because I was underage when I registered the account

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by IMsomadd, Dec 24, 2015.

I have an old PayPal account that I have been using as long as I can remember. I haven't been sending / receiving much money on the account all the years I have been using it, until now. I just hit the 2500€ limit and therefore my account got locked and I had to verify myself (by sending a photo of my ID and a phone bill), which I did.

A couple days after I sent them my ID and phone bill, I got an email from PayPal saying that they denied my application because I was underage. At this point I was starting to get pissed because I am clearly not underage. I am 22 year sold. So I mailed them back and told them that I am 22 years old and I don't want them to send me any stupid bot answer.

They replied to me by telling me that my account has been PERMANENTLY LIMITED because I was underage when I created the PayPal account which was probabky over 5 years ago!

https://gyazo.com/549ca416eb42c08aec75065e84871126

What the fuck do I do? I use PayPal to pay for shit all the time. I truly hate the mother fuckers with their insane legal robbery fees and exchange rates that they apply to every damn transaction. I can't do shit about it since PayPal is in many cases the only available payment method...

IMsomadd, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can't do anything. You lied when you signed up to PayPal. This then becomes a matter of trust and you broke that trust. PayPal and most other businesses do not want to do businesses with those who lie when they "sign" a legal contract.

Agent000, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  3. IMsomadd

IMsomadd Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I don't think they even asked for my DOB when I signed up to PayPal, nor did they clearly specify that you have to be over 18 years old when creating an account. So I don't feel like I have lied to them. Of course this will be stated in the terms, but it is inhuman to read it.

IMsomadd, Dec 25, 2015 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They did
    They always have stated that
    You did lie to them
    it is
    You ticked the box when you joined that you had read and understood the terms and conditions. ... obviously you did not read and understand them. You should never "sign" a contract without reading and understanding what you are signing.

Agent000, Dec 25, 2015 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't but we do it all the time.

However, when it comes to money those contracts are taken far more seriously and you should have known to take more care. The catch-22 is that because you were a minor you don't have the worldliness to understand that and will enter into contracts with insufficient care. You can probably get a lawyer to send a strongly worded letter about how when you were a minor you hadn't been sufficiently educated about legal liability, contract law etc and that now you are all grown up you get it and please can Paypal reconsider.

Where I live you have to go to court before entering into a binding legal contract with a minor without an adult guarantor. It's kind of a big deal.

I hope you phrased it way, way more professionally than that.

sarahk, Dec 25, 2015 IP
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    These days you can go to jail for lying on contracts.
    If you get a loan to buy a car/home, and you say you earn $75k/yr,
    however, you really earn $20k. If they press hard enough, then
    they can file charges of fraud, and most likely other charges...

But if he was 17 when he lied to sign up, then i doubt
    they will make much of that, and getting a lawyer for something
    like this will cost more then it is worth as paypal has a valid case.
    he can not sue for damages because there are none, and if he does press
    on to file some case against paypal, then they will no doubt counter-sue
    on the grounds that this person signed up in some illegal fashion.

dscurlock, Dec 25, 2015 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yep, the lies you mention do get you into trouble and there's nothing worse than having an insurance company catch you out because for the rest of your life when you are asked if you have been declined insurance you have to say yes and then everything gets uncomfortable. I remember in my early 20s some aquaintances were robbed and they padded their claim (padded, umm, doubled) and were caught. Even then, before I'd worked in the industry I already knew those kids were screwed.

As for the "worth" of pursuing PayPal through legal channels, that's a value judgement for @IMsomadd to make.

sarahk, Dec 26, 2015 IP
  8. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That exactly what happened when my aunt died years ago..she had insurance, however, she told the insurance company
    on her form that she was a non-smoker, and when she died of cancer, my mom handled her estate fairs, and when she
    went to file a dealth company, the insurance company come back and said "denied" have a nice day. Insurance compaines are
    in it solely for the money, and if you lie, then they will deny you claim in a second, and they will smile and move on to the next.
    If you are going to lie on insurance, then just save your money, it will never pay out when it it is time to file that claim...

dscurlock, Dec 26, 2015 IP
  9. onymguy

onymguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess, You can try creating new account, In india, they track based on pan card, Have you shared any such unique ID?

onymguy, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  10. IMsomadd

IMsomadd Peon

Best Answers:
    I emailed PayPal and apologized to them. They won't unban me but they asked me to create a new PayPal account and accept the TOS.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
    IMsomadd, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  11. IMsomadd

IMsomadd Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPal literally emailed me asking me to create a new account, even though my previous account is banned.

IMsomadd, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  12. TrafficBrokerAM

TrafficBrokerAM Member

Best Answers:
    It is "OK" by the PayPal's end, You lied to them with time of signup.
    According to PayPal , You may fraud anytime with buyer/sellers and account may go in to negative status.
    Trust is key of success when Money is matter.

TrafficBrokerAM, Jan 15, 2016 IP