1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal are not human!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by czarkenneth, Feb 14, 2006.

1. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would totally agree with that. Your hosting company should be able to provide you with a free secure payment page as well. If they do, then all you need is a Merchant Account and the money's straight in your account. No hassle and no Paypal commission. You still have to pay the CC guys their fee - 2.5 to 4% in New Zealand, but it's much better than going through Paypal

dfsweb, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  2. phoenixcarpet

phoenixcarpet Peon

Best Answers:
    I love Paypal, everthing is intergrated with ebay for one, and when I charge a credit card through virtual terminal it is for a service already performed... I have signed invoices and there is no contradicting this. Then I just use a debit card to get the money faster than transferring it all... Cant beat them at the moment.

phoenixcarpet, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  3. advancedfuture

advancedfuture Banned

Best Answers:
    This is not true, because yes the merchant account will do the chargeback. But at the same time, they will not lock you out of your account and hold all of your money hostage for up to 180 days like paypal

advancedfuture, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I actually have heard about that happening before, but usually a high risk (bad credit) person who then runs a shop questionably. They usually are paying higher fees also.

debunked, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  5. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what happened to me several times with them. In all cases I lost and the buyer rec'd FREE goods. Fortunately the amounts were never significant but it's the principle that a buyer could do this with intent. Rarely do merchants win disputes, I have even provided valid tracking and delivery proof and still lost :rolleyes:.

Homer, Feb 17, 2006 IP