1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal are not human!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by czarkenneth, Feb 14, 2006.

Yes its confirmed.
    Paypal is the invention of androids who escaped from Area 51 in 1952.
    Seriously - they have suspended an account for a major forum I run with my business partner. We have installed an alternative paypal account while they 'review' the last one. Seems its linked somehow to another account with outstanding issues or something!
    What a way to run a processing company?
    No notice, we lose $$$!
    Takes all day to set up an alternative.
    Anyone have any news on Google processing?
    Anyone share a similar experience?

czarkenneth, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  2. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    everyone :(
    They screwed me too, time after time.. but there's no alternative yet..

DomainMagnate, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    alternative for what kind of transactions?

I thought amazon had some sort of small transaction system and if you want to accept credit cards - best to get a merchant account.

debunked, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    The horror, the pain, the truth ;).

czarkenneth, welcome to DP, sorry to hear about your luck with PP. If it helps you, your not alone, I have also had bad luck with them. As some other members have.

Good luck resolving :)

EDIT: "but there's no alternative yet.."==> agree :-(

Homer, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  5. czarkenneth

czarkenneth Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your understanding, you are a friendly crew ;)
    Anyone have news on Google processing, because when it's out of beta we're going over to that, along with half the worlds site owners.
    Watch PP perform then !!

6. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone shed the light on Google Processing?

Thanks

melfan, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  7. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    I would first try to find out why your Paypal account was suspended. You are really in danger now of using another Paypal account actually.

Paypal has to protect its business interests. Before the money is your money, it is Paypal's. Before it is Paypal's, it is the merchant account processor's. Before that, it is the acquiring bank. Before that, it is the issuing bank. And before that, it is the consumer.

Using a third party processor, you do put an extra entity when accepting funds unfortunately. And they do not have to give you notice - if they suspect something is wrong, they will suspend your merchant account. This is the same with merchnat account processors (MAPs). They have to protect themselves.

Corey Bryant, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  8. advancedfuture

advancedfuture Banned

Best Answers:
    Yup same gig happened to me. Only it was a bit worse

I was doing alot of sales on eBay. I got scammed by of all people a Nigerian.... Guess I shoulda figured it was the same as all those people in Nigeria wanting to offer me money lol.

Basically I sold something to a guy in Nigeria, and once I shipped the item he claimed he never recieved it and Paypal took the money in my account. So paypal froze my account, and since paypal and ebay are same ownership they froze my ebay account too! But it gets better! I was living with my parents who have a big ebay biz, making several thousand a week, and since the registered address was the same... they shut them down too!

Paypal would not take my UPS reciept as proof. I had to have some other BS option. So basically in the end it boils down to me loosing a few hundred dollars, and both my parents and my ebay business shutdown for many months.

Paypal is not a legit company! If you want to process money get a real merchant account!

advancedfuture, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  9. czarkenneth

czarkenneth Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your replies.
    Corey, you are correct saying that we are risking another account using it on the same site while the original is in 'review'. But it's a gamble, by the same token we cannot afford to loose a weeks/ months income, or however long they see fit to suspend the account.
    Yes Paypal do have checks & balances, but common courtesy in business should tell us that some notice might be in order.
    PP are fascists basically, they own a massive chunk of the market & do as they please.
    My business pays the salaries of several of their employees a year in income we generate.
    Google where are you?

10. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yet more paypal bashing!

I have used them from the very start and have never had a problem!
    Thousands and thousands of other marketers have never had a problem.

But still they are bashed, called fascists?????

iowadawg, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  11. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Actually I've been good for a few years now :), and they are the most widely accepted online 3rd party forms processor.

Homer, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  12. best-p4u

best-p4u Peon

Best Answers:
    It is perfect if the seller is in USA.

There are many problem outside USA, I have experenced many cases.

We a buyer buy some goods from us, we send out the good by int's air mail(even registered air mail). If the buyer complain on Paypal that the good is not received yet, 99.9999999999999999% the seller have to refund the cost. The only solutions are buyer cancell the compalints or buyer provide some receipt that is accept by Paypal(mostly UPS,Fledex.........). A tiny item shipped by UPS/Fledex ?? The shipping cost will be far more the the item cost...unacceptable!!!!!!!

best-p4u, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  13. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've followed a few simple rules selling on eBay and have'nt got burned (yet).
    1. Dont ship to Nigeria. (among other countries). in fact I only sell to US-and maybe Canada if I'm feeling generous.
    2. If the item has any decent value, say over $50, only ship to a 'confirmed address'. This makes it harder (but not impossible) for the buyer to claim he didnt get item & stop payment.

"If you want to process money get a real merchant account!"
    Thats good advice.

simey, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  14. Jim Guinn

Jim Guinn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Dawg,

Good to see you in this forum. I want to see the tune you'll sing when/if you have a PP problem. I used to read horror stories...even saw that report on NBC news about two years ago...and thought it would never happen to me. When it did, it was like being stuck in "The Twilight Zone" meets "Catch 22". I was selling digital downloads. Had a bunch of people in the US claim they never got them. Even though I could show the orders and the emails with their "goods", PayPal sided with them....I lost the money and had to pay chargeback fees. If something goes wrong with your account, PayPal considers you guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. However, when you send them the documentation, they seem to make arbitrary decisions. I also like the emails you get back from them that have nothing to do with what you ask them.

It's not "bashing" if it's true.

Jim

Jim Guinn, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  15. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out www.paypalsucks.com for a variety of Paypal alternatives.

I believe it's listed on the homepage as well if you scroll down a bit.

Edz, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  16. caliguy80

caliguy80 Guest

Best Answers:
    People either love Paypal or hate it. I have never had any problems with them but I do not use them, mainly because they are a third party processor and I will never do business with one. If a company online only used Paypal or 2CO, etc I take my business elsewhere. It is not that I do not trust them but as Corey stated, you are adding one mnore party to the mix.

We actually just signed up with Loud Commerce and have been extremely satisfied

caliguy80, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  17. czarkenneth

czarkenneth Peon

Best Answers:
    Precisely, why would I make it up?
    I'm not 'bashing' paypal, they dont just 'suck', they need to be called on what amounts to criminal behaviour.
    As for PP being fascists, look at the dictionary definition for that word, then compare & contrast to PP practices.

czarkenneth, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  18. TheException

TheException Banned

Best Answers:
    I've had my paypal account for just over 5 years. I've never had a single problem with them. I've heard a lot of stories over the years, but I've never seen anything bad happen with my own eyes. I'm not saying any of these things are false claims... I agree they should give you a notice if they are going to so something like freeze your account, however, if you were doing something illegal and ripping other people off they give you the notice, you clear out your account and dissapear...

TheException, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  19. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Issues that many people have had with paypal are the same you would have with your own merchant account like accepting a nigerian order - don't do it no matter how much you think you're going to make!

If you accept a stolen card the charge back takes the money even if you got the item to the address with tracking from FedEx, it wasn't their money to spend, but now you lost the item plus shipping!

Other cases sound like people who shouldn't be in business anyways and they get shut down, but I am not going to say that is what happened to anyone on this thread, because I don't know any of the facts.

Paypal has its advantages and disadvantages, I don't use them because we already have a merchant account with lower rates than paypal could touch. We started our business with a 3rd party which was helpful in getting us up and running, but once we had consistant orders we switch to a merchant account.

debunked, Feb 15, 2006 IP
  20. best-p4u

best-p4u Peon

Best Answers:
    "I don't use them because we already have a merchant account with lower rates than paypal could touch"

What are the Payment Gateway you using?? Actually, I can find any other PG that offer a cheaper fee than Paypal.

:(

best-p4u, Feb 15, 2006 IP