1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal - Another Rant from a highly peeved of customer

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by empservices, May 20, 2006.

Hi everyone, I know that paypal has been flogged to death, but I'm in a serious bind and just have no idea what to do.

We have had our company account limited. We have sent them documentation. They requested more info, we have sent them more info.

This was about a week ago. Now I have sent them numerous emails asking if they need any more information or what this information might be.

They sent some sort of form letter telling me to click in 'resolution' button.

The funny thing is thta on my resolution option it says 'an email has been sent to you, telling you what to do'.

Now I reply via tehir help page and tell them that I don't know what else to do. And so we go in a circle.

Finally I got totally fed up today and sent them this mail.

This is what I sent:
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me form letters telling me to click on
    'review status'. I realise that you guys really don't care, but it is
    really irritating to get another form letter telling me to click reslove
    status when I send an email with a question.

I HAVE followed all the instructions in your form and your emails.

I HAVE sent you faxes with information AND I HAVE sent a followup fax with
    the additional information.

No I need to know what else you need from me to resolve this problem.

Once again, PLEASE don't tell me to click the resolve button, as I have
    sent all the documenation you requested.
    --------------------------------------------------------

About 10 minutes later I get this:

------------------------------------------------------
    Dear <my name here>,

Thank you for inquiring as to how to restore access to your account.

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited.

To return your account to regular standing, please complete the checklist items indicated when you login to your account and click on the link provided on the 'Account Overview' page.

The link will appear as: Click to Resolve or Check Status.

Once you complete all of the checklist items, our Account Review team will review your case and send you an email with the outcome of the review.
    Cases are reviewed in the order they are received.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we would like to restore your access as soon as possible.

Please do not respond to this email, as responses to this message will not
    be answered.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Team
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Now please tell me that there isn't a snot nosed little <favourite explative here>, sitting at PayPal right now with a HUGE smile on his face just after having sent me this reply.

My question is, do they really don't care seeing as they are making tons of money or does the fern in my garden have a higher IQ then the average paypal employee?

empservices, May 20, 2006 IP
  2. moaid123

moaid123 Peon

Best Answers:
    dont use paypal
    use e-gold or moneybookers

moaid123, May 20, 2006 IP
  3. grandmac

grandmac Guest

Best Answers:
    If you look hard enough on their site they do have a phone number.
    Here is the info. Make sure you get the person's name you are dealing with and then just try to deal with them. Try to do what is needed quickly. We still have an issue we tried to resolve and got good help until we took too long to get back to them on something (info needed from someone else took too long) and then we had to start the whole process over again and the same fellow who helped us originally wasn't there and no one else seemed to know what we had worked out.

PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you during the following times:

4:00 AM PDT to 10:00 PM PDT Monday through Friday
    6:00 AM PDT to 8:00 PM PDT on Saturday and Sunday

For general PayPal account inquiries, please call us toll-free at:
    1-888-221-1161.

We may only discuss an account with the account-holder. Please have the following information available when you call:

Your telephone number
    Your email address
    The last 4 digits of your credit card or bank account registered with PayPal
    For security reasons, we must verify the above details before discussing any account-specific information.

Carol

grandmac, May 20, 2006 IP
  4. empservices

empservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Just faxed them the two required docs. few hours later we get a mail requesting those two exact docs.

This is really scary.

empservices, May 21, 2006 IP
  5. AndrewJ

AndrewJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Call them and speak with a supervisor or ask to speak with the AUP department.

Good luck.

Andrew

AndrewJ, May 21, 2006 IP
  6. PalSys

PalSys palsys.io

Best Answers:
    I hear so many horror stories about PayPal, but we've been using them almost exclusively for a few years with no problems.

I hate how some of these companies (PayPal, Google with AdSense, etc) can be so callous when there are many of us who live off of the funds produced through them.

Good luck!

PalSys, May 21, 2006 IP