1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal added money twice to my balance..what should I do?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by haier, Apr 26, 2013.

Hi,recently I got 572$ from a buyer to my Paypal.PP deducted 22$ for their fee and my new balance was 549$.I requested withdrawal to my bank account but soon got email from pp that my transaction is reversed and pp deducted 35$ from my account.I took up the issue with pp and after several emails and phone calls they returned my 35$.I was more than happy to get back my money.The next day I checked my pp ac and shocked to discover that pp added 35$ again to my balance.Now i had 584$ in pp much more than my original amount.I decided to call pp next day to inform them about it but at same night i received mail that my balance is auto withdrawn to my bank acc.Now what should i do?

haier, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  2. Pitu

Pitu Active Member

Best Answers:
    call them once again and ask them to adjust the same
    pay the remaning amount via cc .
    otherwise u will face permanent limitation .

Pitu, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  3. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I call them,they might delay my payment further and I need money badly.It is their own fault so why would they put permanent limitation?

haier, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  4. thenet

thenet Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    not mind , your fault or not == fast limit

thenet, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  5. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    But its almost two days since my money was transferred to my account and is in the process.I want to report the matter once i received money in my bank so that pp doesnt block my money on some false pretext

haier, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  6. ModernInstalls

ModernInstalls Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait until Tuesday. You should have your money in your bank by then. If not then call.

ModernInstalls, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  7. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I know it takes 5-7 days before it reaches bank account.Perhaps you just read my previous post only and not the entire thread from the beginning.Its not about when i will get the money

haier, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  8. Pitu

Pitu Active Member

Best Answers:
    U need to call them to make adjustment once u received the fund in bank account
    If your withdraw status completed in pp account
    u can call them and ask them for adjustment .
    if u hide this and take the extra adjustment fund later they will shut down your account .

Pitu, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  9. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Besides the obvious answer - calling Paypal and asking THEM instead of on the forum here - transfer money you know is not yours from your bank to your PayPal account so it will be there when they find it. And they will find it. Otherwise, your account is going into overdrawn status and they will go into your bank account to settle it anyway.

Senobia, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  10. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what if you just let the money arrive your bank acct and then return the added portion to your paypal acct and then notify them?

dess71, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  11. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats what i want.I will keep my money and return the extra money to pp or even better pp can show my balance -35$ and when next time i receive money in my pp account,they just deduct their money

haier, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  12. ruworth

ruworth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should tell them ASAP, if you dont and they get onto it they will take it back from your credit card or bank account.

ruworth, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  13. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    will my bank allow them to take money back without my consent?

haier, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  14. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes the financial institution you bank with, will refund the $35 back to Paypal because technically it's not your money! If you have $35 readily available in your bank account then you should upload $35 back into your Paypal account using your bank account instead of waiting for the correct balance owed to you via auto-withdraw and call Paypal's Customer Service and get the issue straightened out and firmly resolved. Don't wait around for Paypal to find and fix their mistake, be ethical and return the $35 that isn't yours in the first place.

muffet, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  15. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never said its my money.I ve honest intentions to return pp money back but I dont want my money to get blocked in this process because that how pp works.They take lots of time and persuasion to release money once the block it.Let money arrive to my bank and I will do the needful.As for pp will withdraw money from my account,sorry but i still dont believe thats possible for them.If it was then anyone with my account number could withdraw money from my account which is not possible

haier, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  16. Pitu

Pitu Active Member

Best Answers:
    NO, but if u dont fix this they will later banned you for suppressing the facts even tough its their mistake .

Pitu, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  17. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now its almost 3 days since auto withdrawal,will it be ok to point it out to them at this stage?will they not reverse my transaction again and charged me 35$?

haier, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  18. Pitu

Pitu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wait for withdraw to bank status pending to complete .
    once status showing completed in your paypal account call them ,inform them to deduct 35$ from your account.
    it will show in your account as negative balance .
    attach credit card and pay the balance .
    thanks

Pitu, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  19. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes thats what I am waiting for

haier, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  20. Sharpay

Sharpay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, your bank will authorize Paypal to withdraw the money, because you told them they could when you linked your bank account to Paypal.

No, they will not hold up all of your money just because they overpaid you. Once they've sent the money there's very little they can do to stop it. All they can do is re-collect the $35. If you've got $35 in your account, tell them now. If you don't, wait until the money posts before you call them so you don't incur any overdraft fees.

Sharpay, Apr 28, 2013 IP