1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal Accounts Optional in the UK

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Trance-formation, Jan 17, 2005.

I've done a quick search and don't seem to be able to find a post about this. Has anyone else noticed that Paypal have activated the accounts optional option on UK accounts at long last? So I can now take payments from non-account holders. Woohoo :D

Trance-formation, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  2. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    But not from all non-account holders it seems. We are in EU already, yet I still cannot have a Paypal account nor pay to any Paypal user with my card, because our market is too small for Paypal. Just yesterday, I didn't make a webhosting purchase with 3 different webhosters, one of them that I really regret, because all they could take was Paypal (for an instantly opened account, I have no time to wait until a check or MO clears).

subseo, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  3. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    My understanding is that this is being rolled out to all business and premier accounts (https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/WAX_landing). It doesn't appear to have gone live on all accounts simultaneously (I only noticed mine yesterday, several days after I heard of someone elses going live and then disappearing then going live again).

Trance-formation, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    It isn't available to the whole EU, just the UK so far it seems. I haven't seen that ability here in Ireland either. My paypal payments are up this month though although still account for about 3% versus regular credit card.

We had a short period where we had a problem with our old credit card processor some time ago and had to switch to Paypal/Cheques/Cash only and we saw our sales drop to near nothing.

Paypal not requiring a signup will be a help here but it will be a long time before you can offer Paypal as the primary way for your customers to pay via Credit Card

yfs1, Jan 18, 2005 IP