1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal account limited. Need to get past by 1st level support

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by verification, May 16, 2016.

TL;DR I posted this on PayPal forums, but received no reply. I need paypal to remove a few bullet points from the resolution center because they do not apply to my account. 1st level support ignores messages completely, how do I reach verification department directly because I need to access to my funds now, not in half a year?

----
    I have never experienced anything as terrible as verification process with PayPal. Support completely ignores messages to downgrade the account from business to personal and every email that I send leads to more bullet points in the resolution center. I even have a bullet point to upload a file after "checking my email for more info", but there is nothing in my email that requires an upload.

When I opened an account, I specifically wanted to send PayPal the documents to finalize verification process before I start using PayPal. Support refused to accept the documents and said there will be no limitations with my account. A month later, my account was completely limited (even refunds, I cannot do those) all in 1 day and paypal requested me to send ID, address, info about transactions and business.

I only upgraded to business to try the mass payment option because I've heard it was handy, but I couldn't use it and I asked support about this. On the same day my account got limited (so I really think it has a lot to do with it). I emailed support to downgrade, they ignore these messages. When I used the "change account info" form, they sent me a generic reply several times without even reading the content.

I have an account in Argentina and I have just received a new bullet point that requires me to confirm my US bank account. Why exactly is PayPal requesting me to have a US bank to verify my identity when I already have a Visa card linked to my account? And even if they wanted me to provide a bank account, I cannot wrap my head around why they requested a bank account opened in the US. I do not live in the US and I do not have a US bank account and I never will and neither should I have one. It's like they do it on purpose just to keep the account locked.

So how do I get PayPal to downgrade me to "personal account" and remove all the unnecessary business info from the resolution center? And how do I deal with with their request for a US bank account (completely unsubstantiated request)?

I don't even see on what grounds my account got blocked at all and now I have a list of 9 bullet points to deal with. I have a feeling that the more info I provide the more info they will request, just like they did once I uploaded the docs.

verification, May 16, 2016 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Call for paypal support, you can locate on contact us link..

Good luck

robyries, May 16, 2016 IP
  3. verification

verification Peon

Best Answers:
    Based on what I read about PayPal phone support, this is not going to work and I won't get any proof that I even made this request. I need to be able to send an email to resolution center management or support management or someone along those lines, not to webform@. Most of the contact info that I've found online is outdated (6+ years old).

I was thinking to fax the docs that I have and include 1 page with a very short explanation why they should remove half of the requests. But I don't know if they even read it or if they are the ones responsible for those check boxes.

What's interesting, though, is that PayPal doesn't allow me to refund payments. How is that even possible!

verification, May 17, 2016 IP