1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payoneer support thread

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by PayoneerTeam, May 5, 2011.

1. PayoneerTeam

PayoneerTeam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Labareth,

Thanks for your interest in Payoneer. Most partners do not require that you perform a transaction/job on their site before applying for the Payoneer card, but please know that you will not be able to receive private loads from your clients until you have begun to receive payments from any one of our 1,400+ partners.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

PayoneerTeam, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  2. PayoneerTeam

Best Answers:
    Hi Asmazergui,

The VBA can only be used to receive ACH payments, not to make them. The funds that are transferred into the VBA are automatically loaded to your card, they are not sent to your bank account.

3. supersenwins

supersenwins Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Payoneer support team,

Can you kindly clarify the following. This is regarding Indian Payoneer account:

1) Does Payoneer support local bank transfer to Indian bank account in Indian currency - INR.
    2) If so, does it take place by NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) - which is a transfer between banks in India ?
    3) You have said in some post that your bank performs the local currency transfer. If so, does your bank have a branch in India to perform NEFT transactions.
    4) I have more than 1 bank account, can I add all the bank accounts so that I can choose to which bank the transfer should go.

Please answer the above questions point by point. If necessary please check with your banking support staff and then reply.

Thanks for your time.

supersenwins, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  4. PayoneerTeam

Best Answers:
    Hi,

1) Yes - we support LOCAL bank transfer to Indian bank accounts in INR. This is only from a partner, though, not private loads.
    2) It takes place as a transfer between Indian banks - you will not have a large loading fee for an international transfer - it will be local.
    3) Our bank has branches in many countries, but it is based on agreements we have with banks all over the world, so even if our bank doesn't have a branch in a specific country, if we have negotiated with a local bank that a transfer be local, it will be.
    4) If you decide to receive partner payments to your bank account, you will choose which bank account you'd like to receive your payments to. You can choose different bank accounts for different partners, but you can't change your bank information for each payment - you need to decide the bank account associated with each partner and stay with that. (The reason being it's a complicated procedure for us to connect your bank account, and changing it each payment cycle will not only create a lot of extra work for us, but delay the payments for you since it can take a few days.)

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

5. Nissim-Payoneer

Nissim-Payoneer Active Member

Best Answers:
    The VBA can only receive incoming ACH transfers, it cannot send funds.

Funds received to your VBA will be available on your prepaid card, which can then be used at any location worldwide accepting debit MasterCard cards.

Nissim-Payoneer, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  6. krkbkk

krkbkk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure? The last time I tried to use this long back while RBI implemented a bank on Payoneer and I cldnt withdraw amount from ATMs in India.

Is that ban lifted?

krkbkk, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  7. masimfazal

masimfazal Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. Can you please tell me if i can get my payoneers card to receive webmoney WMZ funds. Can i bind my payoneers card with webmoney. Thanks in advance.

masimfazal, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  8. PayoneerTeam

Best Answers:
    The Payoneer card can be used at ATMs in India (as long as the card was issued to a non-Indian resident), but still doesn't work properly at points of service (online and offilne). Just for the record, the ban isn't against Payoneer, but all MasterCards and Visas issued from outside of India.

I need to find out about this :)

PayoneerTeam, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  9. krkbkk

krkbkk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I am a non-resident Indian and my Payoneer card wasnt issued to my Indian address. When the ban was issued by RBI, I was not able to withdraw the amount in the ATM.

Do you mean it is possible now to withdraw from my Payoneer card?

And, I do have few other non-Indian Visa and Master cards issued by the banks and I can still withdraw amount even on the day one when the ban was implemented on Payoneer. So this statement isnt true!

krkbkk, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  10. PayoneerTeam

Best Answers:
    If the card is listed on a non-Indian address, then it should be working at ATMs. This is from a couple of months ago. For that reason, your other cards are also working. You should try the card - if the bank doesn't accept it, you won't be charged a fee on our end, so you don't have to worry about that part.

PayoneerTeam, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  11. reagent

reagent Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Talia!
    Can you please explain card limits in more detail? For example, I see my limits as:
    What this "total limit" means? What if I have on my card more money, than that "total limit"? Is there any limit for receiving money? Why in ATM I'm allowed to get only $300 at a time? Besides, withdrawal fees are stated $3.17, but I was charged something like $8.5

reagent, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  12. zary2006

zary2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    First of All, I have seen a lot of threads here regarding recieving PayPal payments in the non-supported countries. Long story short, I figured out that Payoneer card seems a good way to recieve PayPal payments for me. I don't need PayPal alternatives as I am already using Moneybookers without any problem, but there are only a few clients paying through moneybookres. Most people pay via PayPal so I only want to recieve PayPal payments here.

Plus, How would I recieve Payments via Payoneer Card or Plimus? Does the other person have to have a similar kind of account? Or, he can simply put my username from his PayPal account and forward the payment just like regular?
    On another thread in this forum, a representative from Payoneer team said that a person must have a Virtual Account pilot program to receive direct payments from PayPal. Is that true? Can I receive direct payments from PayPal via Payoneer Card?
    Also, since my main reason to get a Payoneer card is to receive paypal payments, is it confirmed that I will get Virtual Account pilot program after receiving a few payments or only a few lucky ones get that?

Waiting for response.
    Hope to hear from you soon guys.
    Thanks.

zary2006, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  13. PayoneerTeam

Best Answers:
    Hi! OK, so you can withdraw $2,500 per day at ATMs, and use $2,500 per day online or offline at points of service. The $10,000 limit is how much can be on your CARD at once time, BUT you can have more in your account. What this means is that if you have more than $10K, we will hold it on the side for you and the moment you withdraw cash/use your card, we transfer the rest into your account.

There is no limit for receiving money from a partner, but if you are receiving a private load, there is a $1,000 per day limit.

If you are only able to withdraw $300 at the ATM, it is probably the ATM's limit. You may want to check another ATM, or we have users who just go to the bank teller to withdraw more. They usually don't limit it in the same way.

The withdrawal fee depends on your partner, but yes, it's up to $3.15, and then there's also a currency conversion charge that is added by MasterCard. The approximate percentage can be found on their website, but it shouldn't ever be more than 3% (it's like when you convert money at your bank, they take a currency conversion charge).

I hope these answered your questions :)

Hi!

yes, once you have received at leas 3 payments from one of our partners (or more), you can apply for the virtual account. While it's still in beta, we DO accept many new users every day, so there's a very high chance that you will be accepted, too. Once you have the VA, you will be able to receive ACH payments through the VA directly to your Payoneer card, which means payments from PayPal, Amazon, etc. Anyone who sends payments through ACH. With PayPal, basically anyone would pay you the regular way that you get paid through PayPal (the button or by entering your email address), and then when you want to withdraw the funds, you can just choose ACH as your payment method and enter the details you will receive from us once you have the account.

If you already have the card, all you need to do to add Plimus to it is choose Payoneer and click on the button on the right side that says "Already have Payoneer." If you use Plimus, you just need to go through their regular way of business, I don't think you both need to have a Plimus account (I don't work for them, so I don't want to give you false information).

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

PayoneerTeam, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  14. zary2006

zary2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    First of all, thank you so much for responding.You said "once you have received at leas 3 payments from one of our partners (or more)" can you please explain what do you mean by 3 payments from one of your partners? For instance, I am registered on Scriptlance and I am receiving payments for my work. So, does it mean that if I withdraw money from my Scriptlance account to Payoneer Card, I would be eligible to apply for Virtual Account? Please correct me if I didn't get it right.
    Also, all the things you explained about PayPal to Payoneer Payments, If I summarize it then would it mean that my client can pay me from his PayPal just like he pays to any other PayPal user and the payment would go directly to my Payoneer Card?
    Finally, Could you please tell me the criteria for being selected for Virtual Account? Actually, as I said my main reason for getting the Payoneer Card is receiving PayPal payments from my clients. So, I want to know the exact criteria for being selected for a virtual account or is it based on luck? I know you can't guarantee me the card before even applying, but I just want to make sure that I would fit the criteria and get the virtual account once I apply otherwise it won't be useful for me.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Thank You once again for being so helpful.

Edit: Just one more thing, I hope I am not asking too many questions. Is freelancer.com also your partner? I heard it on your community page, but I couldn't find it on freelancer.com. All I found was a FreeLancer Master Debit Card. So, is it the Payoneer Card with a different name or what?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
    zary2006, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  15. PayoneerTeam

Best Answers:
    You are very welcome, and don't worry, you can ask as many questions as you'd like. I hope I don't forget anything :)

1) 3 payments from partners can be from any of our partners such as Plimus, Freelancer, Scriptlance, etc. It doesn't have to be from the same partner, but you do need the 3 payments (preferably over 3 months, but if you receive from multiple partners or large amounts, I can probably get you the application before the 3 month term is over).
    2) Yes, this means that withdrawing from Scriptlance (or other partners) counts as payments that will make you eligible for the VA.
    3) The main criteria is 3 payments from a partner over 3 months. We send you an application that you have to fill out (nothing complicated, don't worry). We almost always approve the VA.
    4) Acceptance into the VA program has nothing to do with luck. We just see who you are and what you do and decide based on that. We almost always approve VA applications (but of course reserve the right not to).
    5) Yes, Freelancer is one of our partners. The Freelancer Master Debit Card is the Payoneer card. Many of our partners like to name the card with their name, and since it's branded anyway, it also makes sense.

Let me know if you have more questions.

PayoneerTeam, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  16. zary2006

zary2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that was a very impressive and complete answer of my question. I must say I am already impressed with the customer care staff lol. I mostly do freelance work on freelancer.com, but I would get a payoneer card from script-lance because freelancer.com is charging 30$ for the card while it says 24-25$ on Payoneer card website. Why is there a difference between the costs if both are same? :) just wondering.
    And yeah one last thing, I asked "All the things you explained about PayPal to Payoneer Payments, If I summarize it then would it mean that my client can pay me from his PayPal just like he pays to any other PayPal user using my e-mail id and the payment would go directly to my Payoneer Card (if I have a virtual account)?"

zary2006, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  17. PayoneerTeam

Best Answers:
    You're very welcome. We try to help (Nissim_Payoneer on the boards is also one of our reps).

The difference in costs can be from the deals we make with each partner. Some of them want to cover part of the costs themselves, while others decide they want to add a bit more to the price. We generally have our flat fees and we negotiate with each partner to see what they prefer and what they decide is best for their users.

About PayPal - yes. Receiving payments will be exactly the same for you - they either use your email address or they use a button you may have on your site. When the time comes that you want to withdraw your money from your PayPal account, you choose to receive an ACH transfer and enter the details of your VA. These funds take a couple of days to arrive, since it IS a bank transfer, but then it loads directly onto your Payoneer card. Again, to be clear, the money doesn't go straight from PayPal to Payoneer - you need to request to get the payment through ACH. Usually people do this a couple times a month instead of it being every day or so.

PayoneerTeam, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  18. zary2006

zary2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't get this part "When the time comes that you want to withdraw your money from your PayPal account, you choose to receive an ACH transfer and enter the details of your VA" I got it that I will have VA for receiving PayPal payments, but I hope you are not mistaken because you said my PayPal account? I don't have a PayPal account, but for the person I am freelancing only likes to pay via PayPal. So, that is why I want to recieve PayPal payments of my client into my Payoneer Account. :)

Finally, you said I need to have at least three payments from your partner to apply for virtual account. Does it mean the three times payment after I activate my Payoneer card? or would it include the payments that I have already received before having a Payoneer Card :)
    Thanks.

zary2006, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  19. PayoneerTeam

Best Answers:
    Hi Zary,

You will have to open a PayPal account to receive a payment through PayPal. Once you have money in your PayPal account, then you can withdraw it to your Virtual Account through the ACH option (this makes more sense once you have a PayPal account).

About the 3 partner payments, yes - it means 3 payments to your Payoneer card specifically, not 3 payments in general. We need to see your activity and see who you work with. :)

PayoneerTeam, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  20. zary2006

zary2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, so does it mean I can not receive PayPal payments if I do not have a PayPal account? :( Actually, Pakistan is not in the list of supported countries yet in PayPal. So, I thought Since I would have a Payoneer Card and Virtual Card, I could receive Payment from my client who has a PayPal account and who will pay through that account. So, are you saying I won't receive PayPal payments if I can't signup for PayPal ? :(

zary2006, Oct 24, 2011 IP