1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payoneer is asking my employers ID (Driving License/National ID/Passport)!

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by jewelraz, Dec 6, 2015.

I think this is really awkward moment for many Payoneer users. I always take payment from my clients to Payoneer as I don't have Paypal or I don't prefer other payment systems. Several days ago, some clients sent me $ to my Payoneer but those payments are in "Waiting for Approval" status. 2-3 business days gone and one of my clients told me that he received an email from Payoneer asking to upload photocopy of his Driving License/National ID/Passport! He finds it odd. Obviously I find it odd too.

Moreover, if my clients can't upload required document within 7 business days my payment will be canceled by Payoneer! Sounds like a joke right? Why my client's need to upload their document to Payoneer? They don't use Payoneer and they opened their bank account in their own countries with required documents. Now why they should upload such sensitive information to Payoneer?

Have you faced this situation? Please let me know how did you handle this awkward situation.

jewelraz, Dec 6, 2015 IP
  2. redesignunit@gmail.com

redesignunit@gmail.com Banned

Best Answers:
    I read this post which is post by some payonneer service provider in other site so i m repost here for information purpose..

" Payoneer, as a fully regulated US company, is required to comply with various online payment and prepaid card regulations. Among these is KYC – Know Your Customer.

When you submit a card application, it is reviewed by our account approvals department. There are many different factors of the application that are reviewed, and based on specific guidelines we may at times require that you submit additional information (such as a confirmation of the ID provided).

I can assure you that this information is used for the sole purpose of verifying your identity, and is not shared in any way. You are more than welcome to place a watermark on the ID if you’d like, just make sure that it does not block out any of the information on the ID.

You can read more about KYC regulations here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about Payoneer or the sign up process."

redesignunit@gmail.com, Dec 6, 2015 IP
  3. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Redesign Unit, when I talked to their support team, rep of Payoneer also told me the same thing but each client is different. Some are very paranoia about these things. So they won't upload these info to Payoneer and I won't receive my hard earned money because of this. I think this is not fair by Payoneer. There should be an easy step like send a confirmation code to my client's email for verification or call verification.... Not sure but that would not bother my clients much I guess. Even if any freelancer asks me to provide my National ID for the same reason, I might not give him that as it's national identity.

jewelraz, Dec 6, 2015 IP
  4. redesignunit@gmail.com

redesignunit@gmail.com Banned

Best Answers:
    yes i agree almost all client not give his detail due to security pupose there for you need to use some other option for receiving your money.

redesignunit@gmail.com, Dec 6, 2015 IP
    jewelraz likes this.
  5. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, fighting fraud is more than verifying email or phone number and asking for physical ID has already become a norm in some industry. That being said, Payoneer is not a payment processor. So, it will most likely require these information more than a payment processor. Paypal, Skrill etc. are payment processor. With these you can also receive credit card payments. You should consider theme if you don't like the hassle of having clients submitting their personal info.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Dec 18, 2015 IP
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it is just me, but if I have to submit something
    then I am just likely to pass. Other then being about
    security; I would have to go out of my way, find a photo
    copy machine, then find a fax in order to send over the docs...
    I would just rather pass. I do not have to show my id
    when using my card to buy a loaf of bread, and I am
    certainly not going to fax/send it to someone I dont know.
    and I dont care how secure they claim to be....

dscurlock, Dec 18, 2015 IP
  7. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should be good with the companies that are PCI compliant. Companies that are certified to store your personal info on a extra secure facility (not server, it's the data center where the server resides that stores your information). Extra means multi layer security - biomatric and PIN, including 24/7 guard patrolling the area and a lot other compliance. A PCI compliant company is actually as secure as a bank, if not more. So, it is safe to hand over your personal data. But make sure you do not do that as an email attachment or by snapping a picture with your phone. Use a scanner, blurr the numbers and they have secure web based platform to upload the scanned document.

However first choice should be trying to avoid being asked for these documents. Use an IP which is not black listed and of which physical address matches your billing address, use card/paypal that is issued in your name and the same physical address, use the same email address and a phone with the same address. Nobody will ask anything other than email and a phone verification.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Dec 18, 2015 IP
  8. seselakhdari

seselakhdari Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, in this situation often having a Adhan he precaution so that there not be any fraud or problems have Talbo me the piece process and has successfully

seselakhdari, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  9. Tony Varghese

Tony Varghese Member

Best Answers:
    Payoneer doesn't make it easy for the sellers and buyers. A buyer shouldn't have to go through all these hassles to pay their vendor, it should be similar to that of a checkout on a website owned by a foreign business since the payment is coming from a bank account.

Here's our little experiment with Payoneer to find what they actually charge the customers http://blog.zilra.co/our-1000-payoneer-experiment/ we almost lost $1000.

P.S. If you're an Indian business/ freelancer, do check out Zilra.co (that we built) to send and receive payments from the US at 0% fee.

Tony Varghese, Dec 27, 2015 IP