1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payments method... I need advice...

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by cdx, Sep 15, 2004.

1. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    My webstore has more clients since ikobo removed the verification procedure for all the customers. I think paypal did the same thing not long ago, I am right ?

SoniaJr, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  2. benf

benf Guest

Best Answers:
    I nwould suggest either secpay or epdq from barkleys. It is the safest, you hardly leave your site.

it does cost to have secpay though, but you get the money within a few days not 30 days with epdq.

benf, Mar 1, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  3. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    I never heard of them and besides that, I didn't understand what you said. :(

SoniaJr, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    You've never heard of Barclays? Its a major bank.
    Remember this is a payments thread in General, not just an Ikibo one (you already have two of those you are keeping alive)

All info is welcome and should be explored

yfs1, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  5. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I suppose the same thing goes for each service of this kind... As I've already said, unfortunately I can't use paypal so I'm limited to alternatives such as ikobo and now I'm considering 2checkout as an added payment method. Hope this will work out because it's always better to have one more available.

daemeh, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  6. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    I welcome every new info regarding payments processing but I never heard of Barclays. I am sorry. I hope it's not a crime.
    ikobo doesn't have to be the main topic here but "unfortunately" some of us use it :) and it's normal to talk about it.
    You are right, if anyone wants to talk about ikobo, he or she should post in the ikobo thread.
    So, that being said, what is secpay's coverage?

SoniaJr, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  7. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I know Barclays is only good in the UK so for the rest of us it's not an option.
    Of course we can discuss anything about payment processor, not just about ikobo, but apparently whoever claims they have an alternative won't back it up with information and facts... at least this is how I see it.

daemeh, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  8. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Ikobo went bust (merchant services anyway) so its not an option for payment processing anymore ! Didn't they cover that at the last meeting.

yfs1, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  9. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I'll tell you who not to go with and that's HSBC. I've been trying to integrate their epayments system for the last 2-3 months and I'm only finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Weirfire, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Holy cow! I remember your original post when you were having problems. How much longer until you think its resolved?

yfs1, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  11. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Well i was saying on another post to TOPS that I was nearly there and then I found that I couldn't run executables on my server to generate the orderhash (HSBC failed to mention the server requirements before my client went ahead with them) so after another few days I found there was a workaround to generate the orderhash using mcrypt and mhash of which only mcrypt is installed on the server. So now Im waiting my server hosts decision on whether they can install mhash to the server.

The only support that I can get for the integration is from the oscommerce HSBC MOD forums because HSBC dont give support for PHP.

Here is the link for the thread which has over 400 posts of problems for this integration. There are a few other forums with threads but this is the only substantial one. I've had to take the MODS apart and try and figure out which parts I can use and which parts I can't.

We'll see what happens once mhash is installed.

12. yfs1

Best Answers:
    What did your client do in the meantime as most don't have that much patience no matter who is at fault. Did they have another payment proccessor as a back up?

yfs1, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  13. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    I installed paypal within about 4 hours and we are also using cheques and postal orders. I have a maintenance contract with them and a good relationship so they've been fairly patient. They haven't fully stocked the website out yet with all the products either as there are about 10,000 products which they sell so while it is still top priority to get HSBC installed there is a bit of leverage.

14. akeeldin

akeeldin Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm a half-decent programmer but integrating a payment processing system into a webstore? -Nearly sent me to the nuthouse!

So unless you're on a zero budget or something, I'd pay someone to do that for me.

akeeldin, Apr 21, 2005 IP
    Weirfire likes this.
  15. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Well as TOPS was saying to me, now that I've spent all that time on it, I can offer my services to integrate the system that causes so many people a lot of pain. On the other hand I don't like intentionally inflicting pain on myself ;)

Weirfire, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  16. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Well that's all folks!! In just under 4 months I have managed to integrate the HSBC ePayments system. If anyone else wants to try this in PHP and you start tugging at your hair then let me know and I'll help you for a fee :)

My advice to you if you are thinking about using HSBC is to use something else.

I have to admit though that the customer entry page for HSBC looks quite nice and is very user friendly.

Weirfire, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  17. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe, I suppose congratulations are in order here, right! :D
    It's good to know HSBC can also be integrated... eventually. This information may prove useful once I decide to add something else besides ikobo. Thanks!

daemeh, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Better decide soon as they went out of business! (For payment processing anyway)

yfs1, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  19. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    What gateways does HSBC support? Most gateways will give you coding actually to easily integrate into a website. If HSBC supported LinkPoint, Verisign, or Authorizenet.com - it would be pretty simple

Corey Bryant, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  20. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Correct me if I'm wrong Corey but isn't HSBC (or at least the product Weirfire mentioned) both a Gateway AND a payment processor?

I say that because I had thought technically it was the gateway part he was having the trouble integrating.

This is opposed to someone like Worldpay (which I use) which is classified just as a payment processor and requires an additional gateway.

Again correct me if I'm not understanding you correctly.

yfs1, Apr 22, 2005 IP