1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payments method... I need advice...

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by cdx, Sep 15, 2004.

1. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, I can't say that, because there are many payments processing companies in this world. Maybe you are talking about the ones form the top: paypal, ikobo, 2co, moneybookers. In this case, you are right. :)

SoniaJr, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  2. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Too bad 2checkout is missing the card, like Ikobo has. I am using both. IKobo is unfortunately more suitable to occasional transfers, 2checkout is more suitable for shopping purposes than Ikobo - all just IMHO.

subseo, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  3. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    I've studied ikobo's features as merchant account provider and they have lots of features that are indispensable to a real merchant.

ArticleFactory: what are 2co merchant features? You seem to be very familiar with this service.

SoniaJr, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  4. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    SoniaJr: I am not sure what you mean by 2co merchant features. I think they were easy to setup, and are easy to purchase from for buyers. On a short test, it seemed to me that Ikobo requires my buyers either to subscribe, or it appears as if subscribing, and I was afraid it would scare some of my customers. So at the moment I am using Ikobo mostly for Ebay sales and similar stuff, and 2co for my eshop. I am aware of relatively high fees but I prefer to have happy customers and little problems.

subseo, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  5. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't say that I don't agree with you, but the thing is I'm using ikobo for my e-shop, mainly because of the fact that the work best for my country, and of course for the fees. It is my only payment option and until now I can't say I can complain about customers getting scared and so on (at least not that I know of).

daemeh, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  6. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm... perhaps I shall try it on one of my items first? I would only go with that if I will be 100% sure no sale is lost. Eventhough the atm card feature and thus the almost immediate accessibility of money could make up for it.

Unfortunately, not sure if it is back but it was impossible to pay via Mastercard to IKobo, which is also a big disadvantage.

subseo, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  7. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    wouldn't hurt, now would it? :)
    the MC problem still persists, but they're apologizing for it every time I log into my account and say they're working on it. They also said on livehelp there are some major improvements :rolleyes: to take place by the end of this month so maybe this is one of them... I wouldn't know.
    Anyway, if you decide to give it a try, don't forget to let us know how it goes. Good luck! :)

daemeh, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  8. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree daemeh. Let's hope they will solve this pretty soon.
    ArticleFactory: you could try ... who knows ... ikobo seems to be growing with every month (at least that's what I think, based on my monthly sales statistics), so you could even increase your sales. I also think that the ikard is a very cool thing :)
    Daemeh: I think I read about these major improvements ... maybe they will change their current MC processor

SoniaJr, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  9. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    I think Ikobo will solve the problem of Mastercard soon. Because ikobo is constantly improving their service.

money, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  10. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    @money: why are saying that? Do you know something that we don’t? I see that you are so sure of yourself as well as ikobo's services. I am glad you are doing so well. Tell me please, what is your monthly sales volume and what geographical area predominates regarding your buyer's provenience? Thank you.

SoniaJr, Jan 14, 2005 IP
  11. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know why money is so sure of this... I mean, i also think they'll probably fix this sometime, they did it before, but I think we'll just have to wait and see. for now visa will have to do...
    ArticleFactory, any updates on your "ikobo test"? :)

daemeh, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  12. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Not before they will restart accepting MasterCard. Accepting only Visa would mean lost business to me, some of my customers use only MasterCard.

subseo, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  13. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    SoniaJr
    Just as what daemeh mentioned, Ikobo had ever fixed the problem before, so I think they can solve it soon. Anyway it is my own opinion.

money, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  14. Doughty

Doughty Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, ikobo has made a habbit of releasing new updates and features almost every month. Let's hope they'll keep this up and fix the problems with Master Card as many customers just don't have Visa.
    And we all would like to hear about ArticleFactory experience with ikobo ;)
    In my opinion it's very helpful to share your experience with those who haven't yet decided what payment method to choose.

Doughty, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  15. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Experience so far:

Everything works almost perfectly, apart from the fact that once I launched IKobo payments on one of my pages, IKobo had what seemed to be a temporary service outage. Coincidentally my 2nd payment provider, 2checkout, had problems in same time span, so that was rather bad experience for me and my client :(.

However, no other problem so far, and the above was a seemingly rare and short-time occurrence. The card works perfectly, just as any other Visa card.

What I would call a problem is the fact that if my payment gateway was IKobo only, I would lose at least 50% of clients just because they do not accept Mastercard - an estimate based on my stats.

subseo, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  16. anusha

anusha Active Member

Best Answers:
    anusha, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  17. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you find ikobo to be working fine for you as well. I suppose we boh agree on tis matter. You're right about MC as well, it is quite a problem not being able to accept mastercard. Hopefully this will get fixed, as I understand the problem is with their bank partner, not with ikobo itself. Regardless of who's fault is, it's impacting on business... better fix it real soon.

daemeh, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  18. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice signature you got there :)
    Anyway ... I can only use ikobo and as I already said, it works perfectly. I can't wait to see that MC problem solved cause then ikobo (beeing cheaper and faster) will become a very good alternative to paypal and 2co. Not that 2co and paypal is not good ;)

SoniaJr, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  19. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's pretty obvious ikobo will fix this mastercard problem, and we should e-mail them to request a quick resolution of this problem. Anyway, as long as such alternatives to Paypal exist, I can't be anything but happy. I wouldn't know what I would to do if it weren't for ikobo.

daemeh, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  20. henryq

henryq Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, some people do hate signing up for paypal. But using a merchant account will cost you a lot of money. Other copy sites of paypal are just as inconvenient. So I would still use paypal. As long as you explain the procedure on how to sign up with paypal, the real interested customers will still buy from you. I have an online store, and everyday people sign up for paypal just to buy from me.

henryq, Feb 28, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.