1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payments method... I need advice...

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by cdx, Sep 15, 2004.

1. cdx

cdx Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, it turn out to be a very long thread... I am proud at myself... ;)

cdx, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  2. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    SoniaJr:
    I have not a real bank account too.
    cdx:
    yes. there are many guys who interested in online payment.

money, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  3. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, now that's not very good, now is it? I don't dispute the fact that this may be a really good service, but since it's limited to US and Canada it's of no use to me... or anyone living outside of these 2 countries. Eh well... I guess it's still ikobo for me (not that I'd mind). :D

daemeh, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  4. real

real Peon

Best Answers:
    Accepting credit card is good idea. Adding visa/master/discover/amex images makes your site look more prestigious. There seem to be cheap options. We chose the most expensive one, and never used it (yet). Worldpay: setup:500, annual:200: activate: 100 or 200, monthly: 50+, and ) and maximum of 4 % (?) and 0.45 per transaction
    And they don't make any refunds.
    It was very painful to find a cc processing company. I searched internet and cardservice international seemed to be the only reliable option. And later I learned that they only refer customers to worldpay and do nothing else.

real, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  5. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, worldpay sure has some big fees, now don't they. I'm not disputing they aren't good or anything, but the setup fee alone is way way, out of my league. I suppose I'll have to stick to cheaper, yet not all that bad alternatives such as ikobo for now.

daemeh, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  6. Doughty

Doughty Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I totally agree that the coverage is very important. Many people are looking for the company that covers as many countries as possible. As we all have customers not only in the USA and/or Canada, and in addition many of us live in Europe.

Doughty, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  7. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't hink this is a good service too startup your business with. It's too expensive. Maybe, if they prove themselves to be a good alternative to paypal or ikobo, thus by lowering their fees and enalrging their coverage, people would turn their attention to them. Time will tell, right ?

SoniaJr, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I got Worldpay to slash their fees just by asking (you never know) and if you have more than a hobby site, you will have to have something better than ikobo or paypal. I think I paid them around £90 one time setup with no monthly - just a per transaction which I also negotiated down.

I offer Paypal as a payment option but very few people in Europe use it.

Sonia - Do you work for Ikibo? You seem to only respond to payment threads touting them

yfs1, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  9. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    yfs1, it would be a really nice thing to work for them but unfortunately I am only interested in online payments and since this service covers my country, it's normal to be interested in it. ikobo works mainly for US and Canada. for Europe you might try 2Checkout. They have higher fees but they are pretty reliable.

SoniaJr, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  10. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending anyone here but i think i understand sonia's situation. For me it's pretty much the same, what i mean is that ikobo is so far the only service which works without any hassle for my country, so i think it's normal to want to discuss about it... and possible alternatives. about that, are you saying 2checkout is such an option? i'll look into this matter, never hurts to have more payment options available, right?

daemeh, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  11. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    daemeh
    Yes. I like Ikobo. Because It has wide coverage and low transaction fee. But I would like to add Paypal to my websit as an option. Although Its coverage is limited, it has no setup fee. So it costs me nothing. ;)

money, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  12. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    You could add Paypal but I guess you didn't read the horror stories about this service. I would stay away from it for now. There are too many people with paypal emptied accounts. Choose another second payment gtw. This one is much too dangerous.

SoniaJr, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  13. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    like, not like, it's my only choice for now since i can't withdraw money from a paypal account. i am however considering 2checkout as a possibility but that's a little complicated since they don't send something similar to ikobo's card

daemeh, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  14. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    daemeh
    Ttransaction fee of 2checkout is very high. So I think 2checkout is not a good choice.

money, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  15. Francisco Aloy

Francisco Aloy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, :mad:

Just make sure you investigate the processor before signing up.

I signed up with one of the processor gateways mentioned in this
    subject and I've never been able to do my first CC transaction.

The reviews are 50/50. The folks that have never had any problems
    with the gateway say it's great. Folks that have had problems (like me)
    say it's got the most dismal support dept. they've ever seen.

They got my $50.00 for signing up, owe me a credit for money charged
    to my CC while testing in "Demo" mode and have not contacted me about
    my problems in 2 months.

Before exposing your visitors to such a terrible ordeal just because they
    want to check out...consider the above.

Francisco Aloy, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  16. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    that's also true, compared to what i'm paying to ikobo now, 2checkout has almost double the fees as well as a $50 setup fee which i personally am not to keen on paying... there's some mention about something called yowcow, anyone knows? is it good?

daemeh, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  17. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    daemeh
    I do not know yowcow. Is it also an online payment provider?

money, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  18. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    i've just looked at it... it's not so bad, except for the fees part, which, like i many cases are a killer. Except for wire transfers, everything else has at least a 2.5% fee, topping it for international wire transfer which will set you back 2.5% + USD$30.00 (that's even worse than western union, right?). guess i'll have to pass on this one as well :(

daemeh, Jan 12, 2005 IP
  19. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the fees part is THE MOST important thing for me. Why bother starting an online small business if you are going to give to yowcow all your money or at least a good % of them. I'll pass this yowcow too. They have also a very primitice interface which tells something: they are professionals.

SoniaJr, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  20. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes. The fee is so high. I think there is no other online payment providers charge lower than paypal and Ikobo.

money, Jan 13, 2005 IP