1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payments method... I need advice...

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by cdx, Sep 15, 2004.

1. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeap. I use it and the plugin works great. I wish they could hurry to release the next version which have prepopulated address fields. :)

SoniaJr, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  2. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks for the info. It's nice to hear that it works and people are actually using it. I may consider this as a start-up option for my second project.

daemeh, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  3. Developer

Developer Peon

Best Answers:
    Never ever use only PayPal. re your site: people from countries not supported from PayPal also travel, and there is no way for them to pay with PayPal.

Cheers

Developer, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  4. Pen Tongue

Pen Tongue Grunt

Best Answers:
    Another method is eChecks. This article discusses the benefits of online checks.

Frankly speaking, PayPal and Merchant accounts demand too much (2-5%) IMO. Especially if you are a service provider (i.e. an SEO) with average transactions of $250 or more. We've partnered with Electracash to supply eCheck/ACH transactions through our billing tool. The tool itself is worth a look if invoicing is a pain for you - it's free. Electracash and eChecks are worth a look if you would like to accept payment online, but are balking at the costs.

- PT

Pen Tongue, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  5. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. I also travel but because I don't have a bank account but an iKard (ikobo debit card), I can withdraw my money from any ATM in the world. It's pretty useful.

SoniaJr, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  6. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes. Paypal is not available in my country. I use ikobo. It has a very wide coverage and offer you an I-kard. It is a kind of visa debit card. Just as what SoniaJr mentioned, this card is very convenient. :)

money, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  7. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there! I just thought I would give my opinion from a few years experience in dealing with some of the companies out there..
    PayPal - Has some downfalls (required signup ~although i dont know if its still that way), fraud (but where dont u get fraud?), ok support
    StormPay - NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN will i use them. I used them to accept a few payments for my website with no problems. I then purchase something off ebay and they require 'stormpay' payments, sure no prob! I get the item and it was $120 worth of illegal fraudulent merchandise. Ebay says too bad contact Stormpay or bank, bank says too bad contact stormpay, stormpay says they will check into it and after several emails from me, each getting a bit more disgruntle, they never ever respond. I also find out that they did the same thing to another person that had the exact thing happen to them. Of course they 'have' all this information on the person that ripped us off but they wont do a thing about it. So, i just can't recommend a company that permits and encourages fraud. Never again will i deal with them. Never.
    2CheckOut - I would have to say they have really improved from when i first started using them, especially with dealing with fraud, technical support, etc. Due to fraud i almost changed companies but am really glad i stayed!

Hope this helps! Just my personal experiences.. Just remember, there will always be fraud.

Design1, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  8. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for your input. It's a pretty good list of companies to not do business with and I'll keep it in mind. So far with Ikobo I don't have any major complaints, so at least for a while I won't be adding it to that list. :D

daemeh, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  9. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    Ikobo will take all the money transfered to merchant as sale now. It means that Ikobo lowered the p2p money transfer fee from 3%+5 to 2.99%+0.29 for merchant now. That is a good news.

money, Dec 13, 2004 IP
  10. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Great! They did promise constant improvements to their service, but I never thought it could actually be done. Seems so far they're keeping their promises. I wonder what their next thing will be, I heard something about introducing recurring billing. It may be this, who knows... :rolleyes:

daemeh, Dec 13, 2004 IP
  11. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes. Ikobo is constantly making improvements. Wish they will not stop their steps. What is introducing recurring billing?

money, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  12. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, recurring billing can mainly be used to sell some sort of service, to which the customer has to pay a monthly fee or something like that. Practically, it's the possibility to charge your customer on a regular basis, depending on what service (or goods for that matter) you are selling. Some of the other companies have this, I'm sure ikobo will introduce it soon.

daemeh, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  13. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks. yes, it is a good feature. If ikobo offers this feature, then ikobo can meet diffrient customers's need. Ikobo is constantly improving their system. I think Ikobo will provide this service in the future.

money, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  14. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah well, I don't know this for or fact or anything, I'm just guessing based on the fact that the award given by ikobo for the best suggestion from a customer, was in fact about recurring billing. I just connected the dots... ;)

daemeh, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  15. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    daemeh
    Have you ever used OSCommerce? OSCommerce is open source. It is free. Ikobo has no setup fee. So It will cost me nothing to setup an e-store with OSC and Ikobo.

money, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  16. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, I managed to set up an online store thanks to the OSC control panel but also thanks to ikobo. Since they’ve introduced third party shopping cart support I've been meaning to do this and now I'm almost finished. So far business has been good enough and people seem to become more open-minded to paying via ikobo. I suppose they're beginning to grow in popularity or something. [;)]
    You are right, they're bot free to set up (I mean ikobo and OSCommerce). :)

daemeh, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  17. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    Which Ikobo payment module are you using? Could you recommend it to me?

money, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  18. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the latest version of course. Works fine so far. You can download it here Hope it can serve you.

daemeh, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  19. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    They've just launched a new affiliate program. Place a text link on your website or on the site of one of your affiliates, and earn $10 + 5% * recurring revenue. I think someone with a high number of website hits can make some good money over this.

SoniaJr, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  20. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, interesting. I don't think I have that many hits, compared to other sites, but still this could be useful. I may consider giving this a try and see where it goes from there. Of course I'll let the users know they would be using my referral id so that those who chose not to, can do so without problems. It only seems fair.
    Thank you for the info, are you using this program?

daemeh, Dec 19, 2004 IP