1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payments method... I need advice...

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by cdx, Sep 15, 2004.

1. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i would never use paypal as the primary payment option. The past few days has been a great reason why - paypal was down and orders could not be processed. what if it happens again?

noteveryone has paypal. not everyone wants to create a paypal account.

plus, having users register to buy something is a major deterrent to buying online. I tend to like the most simple method of payment possible for my online sites.

lorien1973, Oct 12, 2004 IP
  2. angrylizard

angrylizard Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, BUT for those who use paypal, they do not have to make users register to make payments. You can bypass it. It explains how in PayPal's Merchant guide

angrylizard, Oct 12, 2004 IP
  3. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    Paypal has a narrow coverage. It only runs well in USA and Canada. If you only do your business in these countries, paypal is a good choice. But if you want to do your business worldwide, paypal is not a good choice.

money, Oct 13, 2004 IP
  4. mariusak

mariusak Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I'm pretty new to this, an could need some advice.
    THe thing is, I have just been hired as a webmaster++ (partly volunteer) for a small Humantarian Aid organization in Norway (www.yme.no).

We have members and donors all over the world, and we would like to make it easier for private persons to make small donations to us.

In that matter, a CC paymentsystem would be perfect.

The thing is, that we cannot afford (because a non-profit organization should in theory not invest in something like that) to pay alot in "startup" charge.

We also don't know if our donors will use a CC service at all.
    (Some have said they will).

Is there a okay service that I could use to get CC donations without having the donor to register?

(I have read both threads on this issue, and I know, I'm kind of asking the same question again, but I do not know how to continue my search for a solution..

Have a nice day!

-Marius

mariusak, Oct 15, 2004 IP
  5. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    mariusak
    I think Ikobo is your best choice. First, Ikobo have a wide coverage in 170 countries. So you can recieve worldwide donations. Secondly, Ikobo have no setup fee. Thirdly, Ikobo's transaction fee is relatively low in the providers. It is just my own viewpoint.

money, Oct 22, 2004 IP
  6. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard ikobo lowered their p2p transfer fee to 3%. Is it true? Money, how is your experience with ikobo ?

SoniaJr, Oct 22, 2004 IP
  7. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I've just been checking out Natwests FastPay and it looks like you need to register with them. They still only charge 9pence per transaction though which is very low.

I'm not sure what I'm going to go through with in the end but I reckon I'll offer a few services and see which ones the customers like the best.

Weirfire, Oct 23, 2004 IP
  8. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I offer my clients various payment methods; PayPal, No chex, NatWest Fast Pay.. they choose whichever service they prefer. There is no way I am going to pay the money out for a merchant account AND then pay for something like Worldpay.. it's simply not cost effective for a small company.

DarrenC, Oct 23, 2004 IP
  9. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes. Ikobo do lowered their p2p transfer fee to 3%. That means you can save some transaction fees. ;) Generally, I am satisfied with Ikobo. Because its transaction fee is lower than that of other providers and its coverage is the widest in the providers. I have not met any problems with it. Although Ikobo has some shortcomings such as poor customer support. But they have made great improvement in these aspects. So I think Ikobo is a good choice. Anyway, It is just my own viewpoint.

money, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  10. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    I have a small problem with payment methods for 1 of my clients.

I know that a lot of you use cubecart or oscommerce for shopping basket but I have created my own shopping basket system and I'm looking for one of the payment providers to allow customers to buy multiple products at 1 time. Is there any providers that I can do this with?

Weirfire, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  11. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    I do use cube basics but heavily tailored -
    Both PP and WP don't know what is underlying they just process what I send them.....
    Both allow tracking details to be passed through e.g. order number etc. and I just pass totals to them for processing, no order details, no problem.

pm if you need the php script

M

expat, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  12. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Thanks expat, I'll see if I can get things working with Paypal.

When I contacted them to see if multiple items was possible they gave me some crazy reply. I think they have monkeys replying to queries :confused:

Fastpay did state that this was something they were looking into for the future. Hopefully it will stay at 9p a transaction.

13. SoniaJr

SoniaJr Peon

Best Answers:
    Viewing them from a merchant's point of view, what are their good points and also deficiencies (I used their live chat system and they seem to have a very good customer support so I think they resolved their "poor customer support" deficit)? What is their coverage? Thanks.

SoniaJr, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  14. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    just think of your complete shopping cart including P&P tax etc as one single item (The order)..... that's the item you want to process by the payment processor... thats all they see and do.
    cheers
    M

expat, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  15. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Thanks Expat,

Thats a lot of help thanks

16. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi SoniaJr. Welcome to DP.

I’m using them, but haven’t done so for very long. From a Merchant point of view, especially from a Costa Rica merchant point of view, the main advantage is that we can process CC payments online. Period.

Being in Costa Rica has practically doomed me and many others for being able to accept credit cards online, due to the HUGE amount of sport books companies that have chosen Costa Rica to base their operations.

According to several CC processing companies that I have consulted, these companies have an enormous rate of chargebacks and complaints, thus, making the name of Costa Rica look very bad in the eyes of CC processing companies. Something really bad for online merchants. :mad:

So far, I’m satisfied with iKobo services, especially their low rates, their customer service and the affiliate program.

But I repeat: I’m still in the phase of testing it, so that I can recommend it to my Costa Rican and Latin American clients (as well as to the good guys at DP). ;)

About their coverage, I think their services cover most of the world. I've used it for clients in Costa Rica and in Argentina.

Tapanti, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  17. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    Ikobo support this feature. You can visit the link below to get more details.
    http://www.ikobo.com/ikobo.cgi?action=info_merchant

money, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  18. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Thanks money :)

Weirfire, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  19. money

money Guest

Best Answers:
    That is my pleasure. Wish this can help you. If you have any questions, you can ask me. ;)

money, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  20. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Great thing about this ikobo/OSC module. It could prove useful indeed, do you know of people actually using this combination with success?

daemeh, Dec 4, 2004 IP