1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying YaHoO! for Inclusion in Their Search Directory

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by EngineerofSuccess, Dec 10, 2013.

I am curious to know how many people actually paid the $299 YaHoO! directory listing fee in the past to be included in their search.

If anyone did pay the money to YaHoO! to be included, what are your feelings about forking out the $299 listing fee for your site to be included?

Was it worth the money and did you experience a potential increase in site traffic after paying?

EngineerofSuccess, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  2. alternatesmoking

alternatesmoking Member

Best Answers:
    Good question... I believe that it is more of a big business directory really.. Can't wait to here some answers you get..

alternatesmoking, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  3. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, its prices make it a big business directory really. With such a pricing for an yearly subscription small companies mostly can't afford it, or don't seem to see a worth investing such an amount for a single directory. You can also check where your visitors are coming from. If you see a lot of them using the Bing search engine, then the Yahoo directory can further help with your visibility for it. I'd say its really up to you to decide. I personally don't see enough value in it but if people registered there can share more info on how it worked for them, I will be interested to check more :)

Rado_ch, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  4. ShoppingSignals

ShoppingSignals Member

Best Answers:
    I look at it this way. You could a. either pay this ridiculous fee to be listed in a web directory (b/c search engines really value web directories these days ;-) ), or you could b. spend a few hours writing a kick-ass blog post and pitch it to some of the top blogs in your industry until someone bites.

Option be is a lot cheaper, and will likely result in much more traffic than option a. Oh, and in most cases, it'll be a more powerful backlink.

ShoppingSignals, Jul 24, 2014 IP