1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying someone to help my dad out with religion

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by miketh2005, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think time is a concept that measures change from one point to the next. Here's a few more definitions:

IMO, it's a conflicting idea of the existence of any conscious being (including a deity) in a state where time doesn't exist. Nothing happened before, no future plans, no changes, just nothingness...

Rebecca, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  2. drew209

drew209 Active Member

Best Answers:
    But its easy to believe in ghost....or spirts

drew209, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  3. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Michael Jackson is Dead !!!

Michael_jackson_banner.jpg

No Spirit No Ghost Just Music

popotalk, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No offense but if we're to reach even a plausible idea we need to walk the path of the facts we have . If you break the spacetime manifold you're gonna have a much harder time reaching a result . My post was using the Eucledian space and relativity theory , but if you can provide some sort of explanation using the Riemannian and it's relatives feel free to do so . I must admit that I'm not familiar enough with them to be able to interpret them from a quantum mechanic perspective mostly because the more relevant results involve the M-theory . The extra 8 dimensions make it a bit harder to predict if time can exist without space .

Anyway the idea is that no matter how we look at this space and time are waved together . I guess the best way to explain how can God transcend time in non-Euclidean space is to view the manifold a torus that is finite but evergrowing .

ApocalypseXL, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

I think your point was that a G-d exists, but actually had no beginning. Your reasoning for this was attributed to the theory that time didn't exist before the Big Bang. And, you believe a G-d existed before, because it created the Universe (according to the storybook) as we know it. Is that right? To refresh your memory:

When you quoted my post, the part you cut out:

Just to clarify, are you still claiming "no beginning" because time didn't exist?

Rebecca, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Quite simple , you're trying to define a point of beginning for God , I'm just showing you that it is physically possible to transcend time nothing more to it . Ergo your defined point of beginning of existence doesn't exist since it sits outside the spacetime continuum .

ApocalypseXL, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm agnostic. I just wanted to post a cute hamster video.

But, now that I'm in this > You said it's not possible for G-d to have a beginning, since time didn't exist before the Big Bang. No time, no beginning. > Now, in answer to my question I think you're suggesting that G-d transcended time?? > Just to clarify, would that be the same time that didn't exist, making it impossible for Her to have a beginning? :confused: :confused:

Rebecca, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  8. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Atemporal existence doesn't equal inexistence , you're trying to see time transcendence from a temporal perspective . That's similar to wanting to see a sphere from a 2 dimensional perspective. There is a debate on time transcendence but the answers are still unclear , the best theory on the matter is the the Emitter-Absorber model. An adequate answer might appear once we have a final theory on the spacetime continuum until then things remain uncertain . We know that atemporal existence is a reality but the how , where and why are still in research . I'd love to provide you with a precise answer on the matter but my quantum physics skills only go so far .

ApocalypseXL, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  9. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can you explain to me on the spacetime continuum.
    this is fairly complex for me. From what I gather from the Back to the Future movies along with startrek.
    An example would be that time changes with different speeds of motion.

Example: shuttle flying at speedoflight X 100 = takes 1second to get someplace.
    Another shuttle flying at only 1% the speed of the first shuttle should've arrived at 100seconds, but it doesn't. There is a delay because time changes depending on the speed you are going.
    Is that correct? That's a spacetime continuum example?
    My question is:
    Is this is just a pie in the sky theory again by some geek surrounded by a bunch of primitive people in 1902 and everyone thought it was so cool that it stuck or it there actually proof.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
    Laceygirl, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  10. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    ApocalypseXL, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  11. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read it. Its much too complex to me, but from what I gathered it sound like a pile of BS. lol.
    Its an excellent thought for a movie: Time dilation with speed. Donnie Darko would've been thrilled, but realistically this whole spacetime continuum is based on some idea that some guy who everyone respected said. Without a clue of evidence. In wikipedia, it claimed that this has been proves several times now, but the only example they showed it some NASA clock test. I tried looking for more real examples but can't find any.
    Basically everyone is taking this as a fact based on Nasa.

Which would be fine, but Nasa also is the same company that claimed that they confirmed that dinosaurs are from other planets. They are not really big on science, more hollywood stuff.

Laceygirl, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Albert Einstein once said a persons ethical behavior should effectually based on sympathy, education and social ties and needs. No religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment or reward after death.

gods are so fragile since they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense

popotalk, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  13. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't do sarcasm very well. Gee, you need more expletives and exclamation points!

Corwin, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  14. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Yes remove laws and religion it's the same thing the soviets did in their gulags . Hell , lack of religion alone works wonders N. Korea is a perfect example of prosperous and respected a atheist nation is . Now to mention how happy the people where in the USSR and the Eastern Block , so happy that everyone revolted , army included .

ApocalypseXL, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  15. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are going to have to show me a direct quote, because he also said:

"Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind"
    - Albert Einstein letter to Eric Gutkind, January 3, 1954

Corwin, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  16. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't really care for the money more for actually caring about life. I just got back from a LDS mission and would love to chat with him!
    Very familiar with the king james bible :)

Shazz, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  17. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that happens everytime. A science guy talks about all of this science math crap then all else fails instead of replying on a loss they just saying something like "You are dumb". Happens everytime.:)

Laceygirl, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    So you want me to teach you high school math ? LOL How much are you paying ?

ApocalypseXL, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  19. miketh2005

miketh2005 Member

Best Answers:
    Just because we can't explain the beginning of life doesn't mean = JESUS!

While some respected scientists debate God's existence, NO respectable scientist thinks the Bible is inspired. There is overwhelming evidence against this. If you just research, you will find this out. Do I believe in ghosts? Of course not. There is no evidence for them. Am I saying for sure ghosts don't exist? No. Ghosts are in the same boat as God.

miketh2005, May 17, 2012 IP
  20. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree - there are respected scientists that think the Bible is inspired.

But, O.K. You made the claim first. So, you cite your sources. Back up your claim of "NO respectable scientist thinks the Bible is inspired. There is overwhelming evidence against this. If you just research, you will find this out." Show me your research.

Go ahead, mike. Show me your OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE to back up what you claim. Or ignore this to prove you are full of shit - again.

Corwin, May 18, 2012 IP