1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying someone to build links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by xtempore, Oct 19, 2011.

I get spam every day from people offering to do link-building and other SEO for my site. Because they are spam, I ignore them, but it's actually a service that does potentially have a lot of value to me.

The problem is I've previously been burned by paying a lot of money, and getting no result. I'm happy to pay someone for this service, but only if they get results, and those results stick.

I'm currently trying to put together a results-based plan that I can then present to a potential SEO provider, and would like some feedback / ideas.

Links or Traffic?

Links are important for sure, but unless they result in actual traffic to the website, what do they really mean. My preference would be to make the results traffic based. So for example I might propose a payment based on a genuine increase in traffic.

Lasting results

My understanding is that black-hat techniques eventually get caught out, so I want to be sure that if I pay someone then they have an incentive to get long-term results, rather than just a quick and temporary jump in traffic.

The details

My draft proposal would be something like this...

Provider builds links, and provides other feedback on SEO.
    Change in traffic is measured at the end of each calendar month, and payment is made on the following basis...
    < 20% - no payment.
    20 - 50% = $X
    50 - 100% = $Y
    > 100% = $Z

I would also probably have an adjusted pricing over time. At the moment my target site is fairly new, and I think improvements could be quite rapid. Currently traffic is growing at around 20% /month with basically no SEO efforts.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

xtempore, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  2. imservicesolutions

imservicesolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Personally if you're looking for SEO services like you mentioned I recommend you give Fiverr a go. A lot of people there have software such as AMR, SENuke X, SB and Xrumer and you can get a good blast on a quality list for just $5, as opposed to paying hundreds for the software doing the blast. Its quite economical if you don't have a TON of sites as compared to buying the software and I've seen good results from it.

imservicesolutions, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  3. vivek kathiriya

vivek kathiriya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi dear like you said right now you are finding someone who increase traffic on your site....Here we give you best offer same as you think.We doing:rolleyes: Pay On Result SEO Services,We have Good team and good Experience and we also think long term relationship....You think little bit then:) don't hesitate to contact us on my mail

vivek kathiriya, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  4. dailyposters

dailyposters Banned

Best Answers:
    what kind of backlinks do you need?

dailyposters, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think the results should be revenue based. Well that is how I work with clients and the rev share arrangement has worked well for me. At the end of the day, isn't that what matters? You can drive all the traffic in the world to your site, but if none of it converts its a waste of time.

To be honest, I actually think your plan is flawed. SEO is as much about maintenance as it is increasing traffic and generating more sales. Just because traffic may appear to be stagnating doesn't mean the SEO is doing nothing on the sites. You have to be always working on SEO in medium-high competition markets just to maintain your positions. Depending on the niche, traffic can be seasonal as well, with changes in traffic levels due to the time of year.

So yeah, all in all, I'd say a revenue share plan is a lot better for both parties.

dcristo, Oct 21, 2011 IP
    MTbiker likes this.
  6. eddie43302

eddie43302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    See my signature and see my posts and reviews if you want quality backlinks im not gonna post any direct links just use your own judgement. Oh and i think your draft above is just a disaster waiting to happen. But dont take my word for it or even use my service im sure there are services here just like mine that are legit and quality. Just beware of scammers.

eddie43302, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  7. jhontimy

jhontimy Guest

Best Answers:
    I can give you this service !!!!!

jhontimy, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  8. rashidsohail

rashidsohail Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess the results should be income based. Healthy that is how I run with clients and the rev share composing has worked excavation for me. At the end of the day, isn't that what matters? You can journey all the reciprocation in the man to your place, but if service of it converts its a weaken of minute.

To be downright, I actually cogitate your guidance is imperfect. SEO is as more active reparation as it is growing traffic and generating much income. Fitting because reciprocation may materialise to be stagnating doesn't connect the SEO is doing cypher on the sites. You jazz to be ever employed on SEO in medium-high contention markets conscionable to record your positions. Depending on the condition, interchange can be seasonal as easily, with changes in interchange levels due to the period of twelvemonth.

rashidsohail, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    According to what you mentioned, you seems like need promoter rather than link builder.
    Link building no doubt can boost traffic but the main factor is boost your SERP. However, it is hard for you to see quick result, it might take longer time. If you really look for quick result, better use promoter to promote your site at those social media

lifeplayer, Oct 22, 2011 IP
    MTbiker likes this.
  10. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Links are built to increase traffic through moving your site up the SERPs. The keywords you rank for MUST be focused on your site and buyer keywords. The keywords you choose are your responsibility. I can rank you #1 for "little green widgets" because there is no competition as nobody is looking for "little green widgets", but it won't really help your site.
    Choose the right buyer keywords for your site, build, or get built, links that relate to those keywords and rank for those keywords = traffic = income.
    Good luck with your efforts.

dailybread2011, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  11. gmbunn

gmbunn Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get lots done for next to nothing on fiverr.com, but i often use services advertised on other forums too such as warrior. Im sure there will be plenty of worthwhile offers from this site too

gmbunn, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  12. pjc2387

pjc2387 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also use fiverr.com, it definetly works for me, but there are a lot of legitamate people also out there who will provide a good service!

pjc2387, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  13. dailybread2011

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree pjc2387. Fiverr can give you some really good services to build links. They can also give you some rubbish. Always check out the providers feedback. It is a cheap and time saving way to get your links built and can provide good results. There are lots of other places who will build links for you, but some of them are very expensive, even charging monthly fees. And I hate monthly fees. Links are good - monthly fees are bad unless you are the one receiving them. :rolleyes:

dailybread2011, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  14. jc77

jc77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most SEO services will do backlinks for your site to increase your SERP rank when your site on high rank then you will get lot of traffic from search engine. After your site achieve high rank, you must maintain it by doing regular backlinks.

jc77, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  15. wtg

wtg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Uh, By reading the replies on this post, I assume It's gonna be one of the toughest option for you to choose one from above. Enjoy

wtg, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  16. xtempore

xtempore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmm, not sure why, but I didn't get reply notifications. But anyway...

I'll have a look at Fiverr as that was definitely a common suggestion.

As for the other suggestions, it seems everyone has a different opinion, which kinda leaves me more confused than ever.

xtempore, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  17. dailybread2011

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey Xtempore,
    Another good option is to try SocialMonkee. Check it out at Google as I can't post a direct link yet. For $47, one time payment, you can post 300 links per day to any site/page you want. Forever. And these links really stick and help your ranking and SocialMonkee shows you how to easily get them pinged and indexed so you get full value for them.
    Gotta admit, I now love Social Monkee.
    I should have waited a couple of days and posted an affiliate link to them, but, what the heck. :p

dailybread2011, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  18. Techmaker

Techmaker Member

Best Answers:
    I did my SEO for my Blog. :)

Techmaker, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  19. eXtendiaIT

eXtendiaIT Peon

Best Answers:
    Another suggestion: you would probably to check overtime how much effective will be the traffic coming to your site. You may have sudden increase in people how bounce immediatelly and never come back.Wish you all the best with your efforts!

eXtendiaIT, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  20. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those payment terms might be beneficial for you, but I doubt you'd find a good SEO to work under them. Plus, link building != monthly traffic increases. Or at least, there isn't a direct correlation.

If you're mainly concerned about traffic, you want someone doing advertising and promotion for you, like lifeplayer said.

MTbiker, Oct 28, 2011 IP