1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying moderators!

Discussion in 'Services' started by alternativerage, Aug 27, 2005.

I need moderators for my forums http://www.rugjug.com and am willing to pay for them. If you want more information about becoming a mod and what the pay setup is, lthen you can just go to my forums and click on any category and you'll see the announcement thread. If you are interested, please respond, as I really do need about 5 total mods to help me get the site going and keep it going. It's far too much work for me right now alone, trying to add that much content and respond to that many people's posts.

alternativerage, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 278
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm just curious what you would have 5 moderators actually doing? This forum gets ~40,000-50,000 posts per month (and growing) and 1 good moderator would be enough for that.

digitalpoint, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Blogmaster, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  4. alternativerage

alternativerage Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My moderators also aid in content development. With a general site, I think it's much more important for new threads to be developed than anything. Especially in the beginning. I really rely on my moderators to add new threads every now and then, however, I don't make them do a set number, but the harder the work, the more they make off of the site.

My main goal is have some trusted people in the community, that others can go to with questions, problems, etc. They are a direct link to myself if someone doesn't know how to find me for some reason. Plus, with how massive the forums are, it's hard for me to partol everything and still be able to respond to posts. So, I would rather have several mods, which can really help me with all of that, so no one person is overtasked.

Mike, just let me know your username when you sign up and we'll get you going on that one. :) That should be a really fun category... at least I think it will be, I just added it yesterday and it has like 10 new threads in it... it's really growing!

alternativerage, Aug 27, 2005 IP