1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying for HP notebook outside US. How?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by tomksoft, Jan 23, 2008.

Hello!
    Finally, after many months I've collected some cash(thanks to great DP buyers!) and want to buy a notebook. Unfortunately, notebooks in Poland are extremely expensive, because there are lots of old, not sold notebooks for over $2000.

I've chosen a HP Pavilion :)
    I've decided to buy it from USA, because the price is really good.
    After facing many problems(my friends are traveling from USA to Poland soon, so I can buy in on their address and they'll take the notebook to Poland), now I've covered everything except paying for my notebook.

There are 3 ways:
    1. Credit Card.
    2. eFinancing(it won't help me)
    3. PayPal

1. I have a reloadable credit card from my bank in Poland, as I know it's "nameless". I don't have enough funds on that card yet (waiting for paypal withdrawal), but when I've tried to make an transaction(I've set billing address as my USA friends' address) and pay for my notebook, it said that my bank hasn't authorized the transaction. Then, on support chat they've said that they accept only US banks credit card (but to be honest I don't believe, because support guy told me few more reasons before...).
    2. That's not for me :)
    3. I've tried to pay using Paypal, but it has told me that they accept only US PayPal. I am thinking about creating US paypal using my own secure proxy server(in US) and buying bank account, but I am worried that it may be too risky. All I need to do is verify my account, add credit card and make one simple transaction.

What should I do? Maybe you have any other ideas?

tomksoft, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that the HP USA Store is meant for US Customers only as there would be no warranty outside the US. So in order to prevent fraud, they stop the use of non-US credit cards or Paypal accounts. Typically US citizens don't usually carry foreign credit cards.

However since you say that your friends would be travelling to the US, you can always give him the real money, ie physical US$ which they can use to buy the notebook for you in the stores. I am very sure that physical shops would accept real cash.

Since your friends would be passing through at least 2 airports, have them check the computer stores in the airport, usually they are tax-free and offers internation warranties. If you purchase the laptop in the US then if anything goes wrong, you need to bring back to the US for repairs.

Don't bother opening a US Paypal account with fake information as it is a good way of getting your account limited. Besides you are not allowed to use proxy to access Paypal.

eddy2099, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  3. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that I can't give them real money(wire transfer takes too much time), another problem is that that my friends are older people that don't know much about notebooks.

Buying at airport also isn't a good idea, because I've customized my notebook (to get max for cash I have).
    Also, HP gives worldwide warranty.

About US Paypal - I will not provide fake informations, I can set up the account on my USA friends (they've let me to do this), all I have to do is to register US PayPal from Poland...

What will happen if I open US PayPal, add my credit card, pay for my notebook and then they'll limit my account? Will they reverse the notebook payment and take my cash(or hold it for 180 days)?

tomksoft, Jan 24, 2008 IP