1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying for forum postings?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by DesertGirl, Dec 10, 2007.

1. xerive

xerive Peon

Best Answers:
    I used a forum posting service for one of my forums and it worked really well. Once I hit 300 members I cancelled there service and the forum just went on from strength to strength. Now that one forum has 4000 members and growing :)

xerive, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  2. mattaw101

mattaw101 Peon

Best Answers:
    what company, prehaps some details, and a company is different than spammers that you just pay per post to seed your forums uselessly.

mattaw101, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  3. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes I know what you mean its a matter mostly of getting good relevent questions/comments going to spark interest from new visitors this has to be researched just like articles. Its time consuming but as long as the posts seem like genuine comments it works well

INEEDCONTENT, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  4. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started a forum and of course I registered myself and my husband. We then had a various conversations about dog training etc. and I posted my comments and his replies on the forum. When he next opened his inbox he was a bit puzzled to find that he'd joined a forum and that he had a number of replies to various topics. (I forgot to tell him he was a member. There was no point as he's far too lazy to join a forum and post on it all by himself.) I was lucky that my site already had some regular visitors and it didn't take too long for them to join the community and start posting. Some of the members have now met up at dog shows and have made new friends. I didn't need to pay anyone to post but I did have a hair raising few weeks in which I wondered if my new forum would sink without trace. I can quite understand people wanting to get a forum started with paid posters. Good luck to them.

Trisha, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  5. Crazy-Coding

Crazy-Coding Guest

Best Answers:
    ye i saw a forum like this... befor i posted or made a topic around 10 ads came up lol oh and registering their was like 20 lol waste of time.... only forums tryin to get revenue paying without having adds every click i suppose will be good if your a forum poster with alot to say and about driffent topics i guess it would become popular pretty fast.

Crazy-Coding, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  6. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Be aware that a lot of forum posters take shortcuts and steal content from other forums.
    You have to check to make sure that what they post has not been copied from other forums.

ablaye, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  7. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I paid for some forum posting a week or so ago. I wasn't satisfied.

Really, you're better off doing it yourself if you have high standards.

zac439, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  8. mattaw101

mattaw101 Peon

Best Answers:
    thats true of most services, some do work though.

mattaw101, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  9. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    So...what are your guy's URL to your forums?

Perry Rose, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  10. Ferox

Ferox Peon

Best Answers:
    I do paid forum posting through a company, and I think we do quite well for it, as we get a lot of business coming back for a second package. Because I only take jobs that I enjoy my posts are relevant and there are minimum standards in place that we have to meet. We get paid a little better than average because some clients are very picky about who can register and post when, so that it looks 'realistic'.

Ferox, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  11. moneywithjointventures

moneywithjointventures Peon

Best Answers:
    When you hire a forum poster, be sure to come to an agreement about how many words you want for each post; 75-100 is the norm. If you don't do that, then you will get short one liners.

moneywithjointventures, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  12. oc-scott

oc-scott Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have 6 forum writers working in my company, however I'm not using them for my own websites. They ar working for other web master communities.

From my experience, it works very well to increase the search engine traffic to the website. When thee customer initially signed-up with us, we took the web statistics and we've noticed a real growth in SERP and visitors when we put their URLs in 100s of forums every day.

Many of the forum posters will just write "Thats fine" "Yes" etc., and there are chances for them to get banned from the forums if the mods feel them like spammers. So, you should check the previous works of forum posters before approaching them to do the job.

oc-scott, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  13. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I would do it a completely different way...

I'd go to all the major social network sites and start INTEREST-specific groups.

I'll recruit as many people as I can to these groups and send them content and facilitate communications amongst them.

When these groups start to run on their own and have lives of their own, I then migrate the members and "top" conversations/topics to my forum.

Key issue to consider: Many of the successful forums out there are fueled by volunteer/completely unpaid "conversation leaders"/"influencers"--Nurture and develop these into mods and group leaders and your forum will succeed.

The other alternative would be quite costly: hiring paid posters to preach to/recruit the void.

Believe me--I offer outsourced staffers and we've learned the lessons above the HARD WAY.

Another tip: Invest in VBSeo (if you're running VBulletin). Great for SE traffic.

webmasterlabor.com, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  14. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    I sure would like to see all these Webmaster's forums who have hired "forum posters."

:p

Perry Rose, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  15. digitalmatch

digitalmatch Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the forums hire posts writers, especially at the start.

digitalmatch, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  16. awatson

awatson Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a chicken and egg problem. You're better off cheating by building up a community through other means before starting the forum - i.e. a popular blog, podcast, etc.

awatson, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  17. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    I always ask for their url in the thread. Of course they don't reply back. :)

Very slow to near dead sites, perhaps?

That method, along with contests are useless and overrated methods that simply do not work.

Well, maybe for the desperate Webmaster who is happy with a few posts throughout the day.

Perry Rose, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  18. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I planned to make tvworlds.com a paid to post forum so (Erm)

and was toying with making it the home of

"The Book That Wrote It's Self" Writers Club

Revelations-Decoder, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  19. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw a rigged set of forum postings recently. It was a guy posting his products then posting his own testimonials. It was hilarious and so obvious. It was almost like seeing someone be very stiff in front of the camera.

webgal, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  20. Dr. XYZ

Dr. XYZ Guest

Best Answers:
    I got into a well reputed forum posting company a while back getting paid 0.15/0.20 per post, 15 words on average.

Posts requiring some research or picture posting often raised the rate to 0.30/0.50 per post, same word count.

I gave up working there to establish my own Internet presence (ongoing project)

Dr. XYZ, Jan 29, 2008 IP