1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pay Trust..scam or not?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Sharonslegacy, Jan 27, 2008.

Hello,

I was selling a cell phone on the internet and I got an email from someone who said they wanted to pay me by Paytrust..

However, I have not heard of it. I went to paytrust.com and it seems legit..but I do not know..

Any help for this noob? :)

Thank you!

Sharonslegacy, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  2. mercuryyy

mercuryyy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tell him paypal, i havent heir of paytrust, run a google search for it

mercuryyy, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  3. alphaduck

alphaduck Peon

Best Answers:
    If he is insisting you use paytrust, then i would forget the deal. Paypal is used by most people. If anything try to have him use moneybookers, egold, google checkout or alertpay.

Hope that helps.

alphaduck, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  4. Sharonslegacy

Sharonslegacy Peon

Best Answers:
    The email I got from the person was like this "HI,
    I saw the display for the sale of this item in which you are willing to sell at a resonable price,i am willing to pay you the total sum of 400usd including shipping charges for this item okay,i am as serious as getting this item sold to me at the price i listed above,regarding the payment for this item i will be paying you via paytrust money delivery ,so pls can you end the auction and get back to me with your name as well as your address so that i can make the payments asap........i want you to know that i am very interested in the item and you should treat it as such okay,a response from you will be known to me that the item is to be sold to me so i will await your response immediately......
    Regards,
    P.Lewisky
    "

Sometimes I look at it and think it is not scam..but then I do...I do not know..haha.

Sharonslegacy, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  5. epaytrade

epaytrade Peon

Best Answers:
    www.paytrust.com Paytrust is a an online bill-payment system
    It's an alternative, there are many other payment processors you can choose. :)

epaytrade, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  6. wkl55

wkl55 Guest

Best Answers:
    I've not heard of Paytrust before, but the wording sounds a lot like some scam emails I used to get when i list auctions on ebay...
    two things i would advise you to look for:
    1) Where they want the product shipped to. (If its a Nigeria, or any other high fraud country , or a P.O box i would be verrrrrry vary)
    2) Is the amount they offered you considerably more than what similar items are selling for. (This should aslo send u a warning msg)

wkl55, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  7. Hellfire81

Hellfire81 Peon

Best Answers:

I don´t know about paytrust but for the "customer": definitely a scammer stay away

Hellfire81, Jan 28, 2008 IP