1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pay Per Install - ZangoCash?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by toolblast, Dec 24, 2005.

1. DomainMaster

DomainMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    zango is pure evil, whenever I load a site with it I close my browser window. Just because they pay you you shouldn't be allowed to speak for them because we all know that you are promoting zango. I had it installed on my machine and it was causing my IE to malfunction. Yes, it was easy to uninstall it but it still left some adware behind.

DomainMaster, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  2. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO.
    I used to PPI for loud cash, zango, and cash4toolbar

Its 100% spyware.
    Tell your buddy he's a scumbag. :)

ly2, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  3. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't believe you guys spread adware for a few dollars. But is this really true that ad blockers, firewalls, anti spyware block AFFILIATE COOKIES, that means that some of you have sold something and you did not get paid for it, that really sucks, I wonder how many percentage does this happends too.

shahab6, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  4. StuntasticAudi

StuntasticAudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Who cares if its spyware or not...its all business, and thats how they make money. Spyware will always be around! Without it anti-spyware companies would be out of business. Sign up for ZangoCash and start making money and stop crying if its spyware or not!

StuntasticAudi, Jun 13, 2006 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  5. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Spreading it is only helping thieves and if you run any affiliate sites yourself, ZangoCash is also stealing from you... congratulations!

TheHoff, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  6. TrustNo1

TrustNo1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some idiotic responses in this thread. Don't know who to put in first, fryman or stuntasticaudi.

TrustNo1, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  7. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Puting adware on peoples computer is wrong, it messes the computer, and its very anoying to users. Plus I believe puting spyware on peoples computer is illegal in some counties, which it should be. Also putting spyware on your computer will hurt you in the long run.

shahab6, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  8. thes

thes Peon

Best Answers:
    spyware is a so generic term... I dont like zango, but I don't think it's spyware...they are just probably giving you unwanted ads/popups, they don't actually spy/steal cookies, etc

thes, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  9. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it might not be a spyware but definatly a ADWARE..

whatever it is its not good for webmasters, it often setals traffic...

Rage, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  10. MN Sandy

MN Sandy Guest

Best Answers:
    Good article for sure!

MN Sandy, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  11. MN Sandy

MN Sandy Guest

Best Answers:
    basically they should be CLOSED by some government or something!!!

Basically you get paid to distribute stuff that they will later use to replace everything, so if the particular visitor buys something online, most likelly all commisions from that computer will be credited to the zango!!!

I really don't POPUP BLOCKERS, COOCKIE BLOCKERS and most of all - SPYWARES/ADWARES!!!

12. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, they do. Programs from 180solutions are cookie-cannons... if you are infested with one of their programs and you then do some online shopping, you will very likely be giving Zango/180 some money in affiliate commissions. They are affiliates with most major online retailers through CJ and LinkShare. Whenever you shop and Zango sees that it can make a commission, it will pop and set a cookie (stealing from the proper affiliate... which may be you).

TheHoff, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  13. MN Sandy

MN Sandy Guest

Best Answers:
    Could we develop anty spyware/adware that would kill these zango? :)

14. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    5starAffiliates, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  15. blue_angel

blue_angel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    180 Solutions is a wellknown Adware and Parasite spenders.... there toolbar and other founded adwars are detacted by Microsoft Antispyware....

blue_angel, Jun 17, 2006 IP
  16. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there other way how to protect content and make money like with zango? Zango stopped its agressive ActiveX and now it is different. They are just trying to make money like others. I dont think that zango is stealing cookies. They wouldnt survive too long with stealing and they are long now online to be some stealing company.
    There are affiliate programs which open get thousands of webmasters to run promotion and than disapear and dont pay. I think this is worse. Zango pays on time and they are trying to find way how to maximalize revenue.

webmoney, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  17. ski74

ski74 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is Zango content exclusive? If not, what sources do they pull from?

I agree they suck. I clicked on a video that I didn't even end up watching and they installed crap on my machine. Had to uninstall, run spyware program and searched my files to delete the remaining garbage.

Where do they get the celeb videos from? They have some good content I would like for my site but I think it is bad business to screw up peoples computers.

ski74, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  18. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Than start using them ;)

webmoney, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  19. JP Sauve

JP Sauve Guest

Best Answers:
    I believe the problem is their alleged deceptive practices in the past as 180. Apparently their new incarnation Zango boasts of some sort of double opt-in requirement to prove they've changed, but I saw a video on Ben Edelman's website which showed forced Zango installs that bypassed it entirely.

JP Sauve, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  20. bedelman

bedelman Peon

Best Answers:
    I cannot agree that current Zango installations are better. As JP says, some current Zango installations remain nonconsensual, despite the company's many promises to the contrary. But even when a user presses a button to confirm installation, the circumstances and disclosures shown to the user are highly suspect. When you see Zango on a user's computer, the best response is not "you must want this," but rather "how did they trick you into installing this?"

Zango definitely still claims affiliate commissions on merchants' organic traffic -- "stealing cookies" as webmoney puts it. I document this for my merchant clients.

bedelman, Sep 27, 2006 IP
    Fahd likes this.