1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pay per click value decrease

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Luke Beale, Jan 13, 2011.

Hi,

I was getting on average £0.20 - £0.50 per click a week or two ago and then suddenly I have gone down to an average of £0.05 - £0.10 per click.

Any idea why its so low and any way to get it back to normal?

Luke Beale, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  2. ryan_le

ryan_le Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the same with my situation, my PPC also was much decreasing but i dont know how to get it back?

ryan_le, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  3. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well there are many factors behind for this and some are:

- Clicks getting from Tier-2 Zone traffic which is reduce your overall CPC ( Prefer New Adsense UI to get overall CPC).
    - You got those rate just because of holidays and during this you will have better ads specially for Mobile ( Assuming your Android site )
    - Sometimes your conversion rate is play vital role if your click doesn't convert well, your high ad bidder may out from your ad spot or lower CPC.

I would advice you to link Adsense with Google Analaytics where you can get much better idea and check CPC for US/UK Traffic only I'm sure you will find same CPC.

Rohit patel, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  4. mymindrules

mymindrules Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on the niche and how much adwords users bid for the keyword so I think its normal to get lower rate than the previous one

mymindrules, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  5. websiteguru

websiteguru Peon

Best Answers:
    I think everyone is facing this problem as competition is going on well so people are bidding lower in the adwords so rate goes down

websiteguru, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  6. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a couple of websites this happens on occasionally. When this happens I stop working on the site and work on something else or start a new project, then when things pick up again I start working on that site again. Once in awhile a site is dedicated to a topic with a shelf life, and the site eventually just withers and dies because it's just not a popular topic anymore and nothing I do could bring it back. Basically, you just have to learn to move on. :)

joebert, Jan 22, 2011 IP
  7. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this does happens occasionally ..

FireStorM, Jan 22, 2011 IP