1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

pausing keywords temporaily?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by NCDE302, Dec 8, 2007.

i have a campaign going right now and some keywords are getting lots of impressions and most of my clicks but the ctr is very low. should i pause that keyword temporaily to get the ctr up for that ad group?

for instance

say im bidding on "auto insurance quote" and that click got me 9 out of my 10 clicks for a day. but that keyword is getting 1,100 impressions and only 9 clicks which makes its ctr .81%. In that ad group i have a total of 1,150 impressions. so if i pause that keyword that will bring that ad group to 50 impressions and 1 click which makes the ctr 2.0%. so now the ctr is 2% instead of the .81% but by pausing that keyword im only getting 1 click now.

if i do that to raise my ctr will that make my qs also raise and my bid prices lower? then once my qs raises and bids lower i can unpause that keyword and will be in the top spot and get more clicks thus maintaining my ctr?

NCDE302, Dec 8, 2007 IP