1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Path's March 2010 Clickbank Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ParthS, Feb 28, 2010.

So, February 2010 is officially over, and I’ve made $1997.52. That’s just $2.48 away from my goal of $2000. My sister says I should just declare it a success.

After all, I did make more money in these two months than I did all of last year through affiliate marketing. That’s gotta count for something!

So, yes. I’m going to move forward and start cracking on March 2010’s goals. First, lets see some screenshots:

[​IMG]So, today I did not make a sale. But that’s all good.

In getting ready for March, I decided to take a look at the comparison in sales between January and February 2010. Here are some interesting things I discovered:

* I only had 1 sale of Bodyweight Exercise Revolution at $31 in January. In February, I had 3 sales, and two of them were within the past week. I had just modified my review page to make it more detailed. I think it worked. I’m going to be working on it a bit further to see if I can get some more conversions.
    * I sold 1 copy of the Workout Without Weights Combo package and 2 copies of the Gladiator Body Workout Combo Package in January. 0 copies of each in February. Even though these are great programs, I have chosen to abandon them simply because I have other products that convert better, and pay more. Also, Coach Lomax seems MIA. He doesn’t seem to be promoting his own products anymore. Where is he?
    * In January, I sold 1 copy of the Deluxe version of Kettlebell Revolution, plus 2 copies of the basic version. That gives me approximately $142. In February, I sold 0 copies of the Deluxe version, and 3 copies of the basic version. That vies me approximately $114. Getting people to shell out $97 is harder than getting them to shell out $57. If I try to sell 4 copies of TTKbell this month, I can get $152. Or, I can offer more bonuses for people who grab the higher end product. 3 copies would give me $198.
    * I also saw a boost in the number of individual Turbulence Training workouts people are purchasing. In January, people only purchase 2 individual, $10 workouts. In February, I had 6 sales of these workouts. Everything adds up. I will go back and take a look at all 8 workouts that people purchased and showcase them in separate posts.
    * However, the main Turbulence Training package suffered tremendously. I think it’s Craig Ballantyne’s fault. He has been trying to get more people to join his Members section, and in turn he modified his main page and offerred his product for half the price, plus a free membership to his members section for one month. I did not get any conversions. His landing page has returned to normal. so I’ll probably see 2-3 sales this month. Not much to do there.

I have a lot of work to do for this month. On top of that I still have to write reviews for 8 brand new products I’m adding to my site, plus conduct about 6 interviews!

PLUS write 10 bonuses to give away with those products. It’s going to be quite an insane month. But I’m looking forward to it!

Lets establish the goals for March 2010 -

* $2500 for the month, net (minus returns)
    o This means, I’d have to make $81 average per day.

Let’s see how the month begins!

ParthS, Feb 28, 2010 IP
    Dan Bainbridge likes this.
  2. lqbk

lqbk Peon

Best Answers:
    any advertising cost involved? or purely free traffic..?

lqbk, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  3. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    You already know what I'm going to say about this thread, right ;)

Best of luck though.

dlm, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  4. jeffbania

jeffbania Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats Parth ;)

Glad to see another affiliate reach their goals for the month!

Keep the knowledge of promotion methodology rolling in; we all appreciate the advice!

jeffbania, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  5. yessica

yessica Guest

Best Answers:
    How did you promote your aff links ?

yessica, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  6. javaongsan

javaongsan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tell us your promotion strategies

javaongsan, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  7. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice work....wish you luck on meeting March's goal!

terryd, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  8. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome result! Keep it up - you should be able to do the same again and more now - drop the stuff that wasn't working, keep the stuff that is, and replicate the same formula into new products / niches. I think your sister is right - this is definitely a success.

2 things though - I would perhaps recommend diversifying from the weight loss / bodybuilding niche a little - it is an evergreen niche, but also sales are said to be 2-3x higher at the beginning of the year than other times. Also, you openly mention which particular products are selling for you - this is rarely done here, people are always asking which products convert and if you keep showing your results like this - especially as they get better and better then you might find yourself with a little more competition.

Good luck! Dan

Dan Bainbridge, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  9. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    ehmmm, This will be great just if it can help you focus, and can help some people in this forum as well. Good luck

waxman1000, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  10. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm testing a few PPC campaigns here and there. But when I first started with affiliate marketing, I burned around $800 on adwords, so I'm really careful. My overhead includes the some ppc and elance article outsourcing which adds up to $50.

ParthS, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  11. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha Thanks.

ParthS, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  12. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    I've started to diversify with other types of fitness products such as Post-Pregnancy, General Health, 40+ fitness, etc. I think I've tapped out the Bodyweight and home fitness niche.

There are also some other niches that are super competitive that I want to make some more progress. For example, the Kettlebell product that seeing an increase in sales would be one of them.

As far as revealing the products I promote, I'm not that worried. I want people to be successful. The internet is vast. There's plenty of room for competition. And you know what, the large majority of Affiliate marketers don't have what it takes to stay in this for the long term to see some actual results.

So, I'm not paranoid.

ParthS, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  13. Marigoldd

Marigoldd Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to see you starting a new thread.And congrats for achieving your target for February 2010.Your sister is right.

Marigoldd, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  14. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good job! Looks like you know what you are doing! Wishing you success for March!

Chri5123, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  15. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right that most people won't even do it for long enough - one of the main things required for success imo is persistance.. and doing things on a bigger scale rather than just writing one article and wondering why it didn't work. Fair play to you, but wanting people to be successful is one thing, showing them exactly how to do it at your own expense is another thing - just be careful :) and good luck!

Dan Bainbridge, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  16. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    I had this conversation with my cousin. The internet is so vast, and there are so many niches and subniches out there, I don't really fear much competition. I strongly believe that an individual will not be successful if they do not have some sort of expertise in the niche they are promoting products in.

That's why I refuse to move beyond the fitness niche. I don't know how to do anything else.

ParthS, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  17. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    So yesterday I set a goal of earning $81. Let see today’s earnings:

[​IMG]Not a bad start! What’s interesting is where the sales came from. Both the sales were from the same individual. This person purchased a product from my affiliate link on February 26.

Now, the vendor had announced that he was coming out with a set of DVD’s. He was going to test them out with his mailing list, then make it available for his affiliates to promote.

So one of the products I got sales for isn’t even available for affiliates! But since the individual purchased something from me a few days ago, cookies are still saved on his computer, and hence…I got credit!

The individual purchased two separate products, so I’m pretty confident that he/she is a trainer of some sort. Otherwise why would anyone purchase so many workouts in such a short time frame?

I’ve had two individuals before that purchased more than one product from me within a short period of time. One of these individuals purchase 8 separate products I was promoting.

Either this individual is a compulsive credit card user, or a personal trainer. One of the products that this individual (the one I got credit for today) was a bootcamp program for trainers.

So, yes these people are trainers and I should do a better job of trying to market fitness products to trainers. It can turn very lucrative if I do it right!

I’ll just add this to the list of strategies I need to try.

By the way – I JUST had this thought. I tend to be able to think of things to do with my site to make sales left and right. In fact, I get so many ideas throughout the day, that I have to actually force myself to STOP implementing everything at once.

I’ve made a list of ideas, and I just keep the list moving and do things one by one. That’s what screwed me over in the beginning – I was trying to do too much at once.

Anyways, another piece of advice for newbies – use your brain. There is no one way to make a sale. Use your creativity. Keep things fun, and make sure Internet Marketing is a passion for you and not just a way you think is going to help you pay your bills (or get your rich).

Let me just stop myself right here before I start a rant.

Tomorrow’s Goal: $80

ParthS, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  18. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes when someone purchases the same product twice the second purchase was a mistake and the order will be refunded over the next few days....just something to keep an eye on.

dlm, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  19. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    No, these were two separate products. Thanks. From the same vendor.

ParthS, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  20. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also, someone who is going to just copy exactly what you're doing is probably not a good marketer anyway and won't be able to steal your traffic/sales. They are someone looking for a shortcut and want to try and steal what somebody else has had success with. As we all know, there really is no shortcut to this game and those people will be gone soon enough.

J1218, Mar 1, 2010 IP