1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Panama will not show search network keyword position? Only blended?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by the_goog, Dec 26, 2006.

So it looks like when you are in the campaign interface and looking at the keyword level you cannot see what postion you are in on the sponsored search network vs the content match network. You can only see your 'blended' positon on both networks for that keyword. Why would they take this information away from an advertiser? I contacted customer support and was told that "We usually recommend that advertisers duplicate their campaigns and run one on content only and the other on search only." This seems like very poor planning for this being a newly designed system. Anyone have any insight or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

the_goog, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  2. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a new "feature" of the Panama interface. Actually, splitting the campaigns for a content and search version is a good idea. I recommend it for adwords as well.

transburgh, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  3. the_goog

the_goog Peon

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean but when we tried it with adwords we did not see an improvement in our campaigns but saw an increase in workload. I think ideally the system (adwords) should let you have two pools of ads for each adgroup so that you could write your ads more to the adgroup.

Regarding the 'feature' that YSM has introduced, I think they should at least give the advertiser the option of managing both search and content from within the same adgroups, but with a blended avg. postion this becomes very difficult. I have not fully explored all of the reporting features, but I have not come across a report that gives this type of information. Are you aware of a report that would work? These seem like fairly simple things that YSM should have considered when developing the system.

Also, has anyone noticed that sometimes when adding creatives the preview doesn't seem to update in realtime? Is this because of a lag time in the system or editorial review?

Thanks.

the_goog, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  4. beejeebers

beejeebers Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all about making them more money. If they take away the information they used to give you, they can charge more because you don't know exactly what your competition is bidding. Since they don't have a Quality Score, (aka revenue increasing score for them), they started with this.

It's just easier to overcharge your clients when your clients don't know exactly what the competition is doing.

beejeebers, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  5. the_goog

the_goog Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, but it just seems absurd that they wouldn't give advertisers avg position information for each network. When I asked them about this they told me "we recommend that advertisers setup one campaign for search and one campaign for content." This must be a deliberate move since it is a pretty stupid thing to overlook. Very frustrating.

the_goog, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  6. ghoti

ghoti Peon

Best Answers:
    Another one of the numerous stupid things in Panama is that the Content Match bids are set per ad group rather than per keyword. :confused:

ghoti, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  7. panama

panama Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing that happened to google in years is the new Yahoo platform called Panama. My screen name has nothing to do with yahoo or the new platform. We should all start complaining to Yahoo. Basically the new platform is not workable. You can not intelligently bid against competition. You need to work five times harder and longer to do your bidding adjustments and you are still in the dark. If you have not been upgraded yet, resist the upgrade it is simply awful. I was one of the first to upgrade and felt like I was tricked and duped by a money hungry team at Yahoo. There is nothing good about this platform. They do offer geo blocking BUT they did it by continent which is a joke and most of you know behind the scenes they are doing it by country and then just sorting the countries into continents, the geo mapping by IP is country specific not by continents. So even here they displayed their greed. Complain and keep complaining and the team that did this Panama fiasco will get fired and things will be restored by them modifying Panama to do what we need it to do. If that does not work most of you will just leave Yahoo and then Google gets even more powerful and that is bad.

panama, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  8. Michaelo

Michaelo Peon

Best Answers:
    My suggetion is not to use content network at all. It's another way for them to charge you on more and more clicks.

Google's content search is effective enough and you can loose Yahoo's network.
    (correct me ppl if I'm wrong).

The search however will always bring quality traffic no metter on what platform its on, I think that they will improve their platform but only if us, the customers, will do a good job in indicating those bad features (and there's alot) in the new platform.

BTW, Can someone provide me information related to Yahoo's Quality Score? (or whatever the name they're calling it).:confused:

Michaelo, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  9. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you 100% sure about this?

TatiAnA, Jan 24, 2007 IP