1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid To Digg Service

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Sem-Advance, Dec 5, 2006.

1. dilute

dilute Peon

Best Answers:
    I edited my post because I mentioned my digg account. I was joking. It got banned anyway.

dilute, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  2. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am a bit mystified...you are infering that because of this thread,, and your logging into Digg and looking at the site caused your Digg account to be banned???

Sem-Advance, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Hi

Well its at 21 now....I imagine they have the service set up so that all the diggs are not done at once which would lessen the likelihood that the postings were paid.

Anita mentioned Digg setting up trap websites, however to do so would involve the expense of driving traffic to the site which does not make sense to spend money. I think it would behoove them to run an algorithim over their site much like Google an many other websites do to fight fraud.

If one thinks Digg would go out to catch cheats by building other sites....then it would seem Paypal Ebay should as well to catch credit card fraud and Google Msn Yahoo should set up fake search engines to catch click fraud....and I do not see that anywhere close to reality.

4. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless the diggs come in a matter of a few hours the story will never get to the front page. The nature of digg means stories get loads of diggs quickly.

mad4, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  5. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    This kind of "service" is precisely the reason I never go to Digg. The concept is nice, but it is too easy to abuse and the front page can quickly get polluted with questionable articles, whose only purpose is to trick people into clicking on ads.

I am sure Digg is developing a massive list of spam sites and they will undoubtedly manually check out some of the material which makes it to page one to make sure that it is worthy of all the click praise it is getting. If it is clearly bogus, eveything and everyone attached to that site may get banned.

This kind of unfettered greed makes Digg and similar sites worthless, but it certainly adds value to anti-spam enterprises.

clancey, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  6. blabla11

blabla11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I payed to 40people few days ago and I came to the front page.
    Then I recieved around 60natural diggs and >1000visits, but then my story was burried.
    I don't know exacly why, but i believe it wasn't because of spamming.
    So acctualy i could recieve 50k visits for just few dollars.

blabla11, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  7. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    to Sem, I am not bothering to read the whole thread. But here is advice. If your story is crap and if it gets fake diggs than there will be real ppl as well who will make sure it gets buried even faster.

Keep your $80 to yourself and ask someone to write a excellent ajax tutorial or some Best 21 list. Will surely get you 30-50 diggs atleast.

poseidon, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  8. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its really good advice.. be creative not cheaters... but you even know people are lazy and want to work easy way :D

Pammer, Dec 6, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  9. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Ohh I like the advice I have received no matter how misguided....
    Someone stated that it is being done to click on ads....well that is wrong as I knew from my learnings that Digg people do not click ads.

So thanks for that thought but it was wrong.

Why I spent my money and do not mind that it was wasted is multipronged.

I am expanding my business offerings to include social marketing..... and I will also be working with development of a Web2.0 application.

In order to determine the value of social marketing and social bookmarking and its correlation to website traffic.

Another reason I was using Digg is to get the link to my site and also due to the fact that no site gets to Googles front page without some forms of traffic hitting the site and there is nothing better than Myspace Digg Wiki Blogger for getting some free traffic flowing to a site.

Hi Do I know you??? No...and as well you dont know me either... but I work my ass off at this. I have done so for years....

So I am not lazy .....nor do I need to whore my avatar out for $15.00...talk about cheap and lazy......:rolleyes:

10. Yeldarb

Yeldarb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even if it works and gets to the front page, you probably won't get > $80 in ad revenue out of it so it's a losing proposition (unless I'm missing something).

Yeldarb, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  11. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Well again I knew going in Digg people dont click ads.

The ads were on the site before I tried the Digg posting service. In actuality this was a test of usersubmitter.com service which I have to say, is not as advertised.

It appears while the sevice is a good idea their user base is more than likely too small to meet their service levels needed.

As for it being a losing proposition, I am not sure, I got good links to the site, traffic from DP & Digg and more knowledge on marketing than I had at this time last night.

good links & education both usually have a cost, and remember, nothing ventured.... nothing gained.

Peace

12. j0n

j0n Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if this service isn't a scam and does actually work i still wouldn't recommend using it. Digg will find out you're abusing the system and ban your account and more than likely the website you're trying to promote.

If your website is good enough then it will get on digg. Concentrate on making your website better and don't waste your time trying to think up ways to beat the system.

j0n, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Care to provide proof?

Otherwise you are speculating what will occur.

JohnScott likes this.
  14. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to bud in again. But your website did get burried :(

INV, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  15. opioq

opioq Banned

Best Answers:
    I hope you have something on your site thats worth paying to be dugg.
    I had a post on one of my sites that was dugg 288+ times. I got 7,000 uniques that day and around 5-10 adsense clicks.
    I think most digg users, unless webmasters themself, are blind to adsense.

Digg will ban your web url is it is marked as spam. I am not sure how many times but John Chow is banned from Digg.
    http://www.johnchow.com/banned-from-digg/

opioq, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  16. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Oh well ....it is still online and received all the benefits I wanted...Digg can bury it which I am sure was some jerk here at DP but the links not leaving :D

17. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    :) I promise it wasnt me LOL

INV, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  18. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I didn't think it was and to be honest not too worried about it ...

like I said its the service offered I wanted to determine if wothwhile

Peace

19. j0n

j0n Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i totally am.

Ask yourself this though, if this type of service pops up and works perfectly everyone and their dog is going to jump on it and use the service. Effectively killing digg. -- Do you think they are going to let that happen?

No, they are not.

j0n, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  20. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Other than obvious spamming, there is no way for Digg to know if you, me or 100,000 other people are paid to digg Digg. ;)