1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid link violates Google's quality guidelines?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by gtcentury.com, Jun 14, 2007.

In the google webmaster tool -> Dashboard, there is a link of Report paid links and it tells us "Some site owners attempt to "buy PageRankâ„¢" in the form of paid links to their sites. Buying links to improve PageRank violates our quality guidelines."

:confused:Questions:
    1) Should I link to either Paid Link or Non-Paid Link (Directory)?

2) Is it violates the Quality Guidelines, if linked to Non-Paid Link Directory which included paid link services?

gtcentury.com, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  2. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Basically it comes down to people reporting paid links. If you are reported for buying and they can show that you bought links they could devalue your links. If you are buying to get traffic, I say buy , if you are buying just for the PR, I say be careful because if the site you buy from or you are reported and Google decides that you purchased links, you could be penalized both in PR and Serp.

allout, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  3. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Google will examine carefully something like 30 billion sites (as of February 2007) out there and then will take action against the cheaters.
    So lets say you buy a link today, in year 2057 that same link could be devalued :(

zexy, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  4. adarshry

adarshry Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not really sure how this could work. But by encouraging people to report paid links, google is keeping everyone up on their toes

adarshry, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  5. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if your aim is getting links for hits, it will not be a problem but if you are getting links for increasing page rank, you may get so many problem. what is your aim while you are getting links?

trichnosis, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  6. weblaunch

weblaunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would not hesitate to buy and trade links to get traffic to my sites. Buying and selling links is a perfectly legitimate form of advertising that predates Google.

weblaunch, Jun 15, 2007 IP