1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid Forum Posting Work has Been Devalued!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by emmaonline, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Your Content

Your Content Banned

Best Answers:
    Doing and online research for "paid posting" will lead you straight to many of those companies, which is best? hard to say with no chosen names yet.

Your Content, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  2. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I run paidposthelp.com , where I use to run a listing of 40 - 60 paid posting services. I no longer provide the listing do to the fact, many people would take the listing and publish it without giving credit back where they received the info from,

I would tell you there are still about 40+ paid posting companies who come and go at the moment from my research. Paid Posting is not devalued. It is for the fact many forum owners want to pay for cheap services. Many of the forum owners are English speaking, and hiring, try and go for what they think is the best value for their money. Bang for their $$. And they end up with services that outsource companies that are solely English speaking/writing companies. And thus horrible service. Like what many say. "You get what you pay for". And thus the many complaints.

Many will say, "Oh it's the age factor, underage 18 year olds." I can say this isn't always true. I would always blame it on non english paid posting companies who outsource. And let it weigh services who are 18 years old+ English speaking companies. Majority of forum owners who are hiring such services are English speaking. Thus in demand for English speaking people, yet hire out to those who are limited on the English Skills.

I myself, who ran 2 succesfull paid posting companies(sold the 1st 2 companies, and am on my 3rd), would require my poster to post their posting experinece before being hired by me.

I would ask how many forum owners actually take the time to research each company before hiring. And just because a particular company is popular does not mean they are good. I find many paid posting service do a lot of advertising via, adwords, sig lines etc but do not follow through with the quality and quantity.

I would also have to say many owners want 30 - 100 word posts. I would say not. This is ridiculous. You are asking for posts, not articles. Big difference. Many forum responses vary. Average post should be 15 - 20 words. Not 50 - 300 words. If you look at an average post at any given forum is no more than 50 words. If you want a 100 - 300 word response than you are looking for an article/ content writer not a paid poster.

Paid Posting is only devalued who are not researching and/or doing their homework. They want cheap services who provide them with cheap services(usually between .05 cents and .10 cents a post) as opposed to the norm rate of paying out to .15 - .25 cents a post. Considering each post will vary between 15 words+. Even at copywriting words which is .20 cents a word. Many forum owners are trying to pay for .001 cent a word. Which in turn it should be atleast less than .01 cent a word.

So I would say Paid Posting is not devalued. It is only devalued by forum owners who want to pay cheaply(less than .08 cents a post) and or services who try to outsource(service who get paid .15 cents and than pay .05 - .07 a post).

Paid Posting is never devalued. It is only deemed that way by those who want to pay cheaply. By those who know or want below par/below paying work.

If those who outsourced, realized their value. They would bring up their value up to par. And strive to write per value as well. Thus having those realizing that paid posting is not devalued.

lpstong, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't completely agree with the stated above.

As much as I have been involved in web-marketing work for a quite long time, definitely, recently there is an obvious devaluation of poster work.

The reasons are easy to figure out - employers want to pay cheaply. Unfortunately, there are many writers are willing to sell their own work short enough. As a consequence, even those normally writing at a higher rate, have to stick to the demand of employers and the value of their work decreases.:(

turbulence, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  4. CosmicRay

CosmicRay Peon

Best Answers:
    You may want to consider my offer of 4 posts to start.

I offer long term postings afterwards if quality is good.

:)

Carol

CosmicRay, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  5. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    You are right Turbulence.

Some paid posting companies have notified to their posters about this situation and how they need to pay less per topic in order to keep clients and competitive rates.

Pat Gael, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  6. telegraph.hill

telegraph.hill Peon

Best Answers:
    I am doing loads of paid posting at thirty cents a post. You just shop around for the gigs, and don't do it for any less.

telegraph.hill, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  7. telegraph.hill

telegraph.hill Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't we use to post on the same forum, etali? Your handle rings a bell. Those thirty cent per post gigs are still out there.

I get my gigs from dp and:

http://forumposters.org/forum/index.php

telegraph.hill, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  8. turbulence

Best Answers:
    You can also buy a pixel of a 10X10 graffiti block, let's say.:D

But it is really a waste of time to look for a nice piece of writing for this money. :rolleyes:

turbulence, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  9. daniellee

daniellee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    obviously longer posts and those containing helpful content should be charged at a much higher rate than one-liner cliches..

daniellee, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  10. Maneel

Maneel Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont go for people that provide less than 15 cents a post .

Maneel, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  11. turbulence

Best Answers:
    Yes,

but a minimum rate should be set for any type of paid writing.

To me, paying less than .15 is absolutely mad.:rolleyes:

turbulence, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  12. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    30 cents per post? that's so far the highest in this job. what site is it, telegraph.hill?

affiliategirl, Mar 2, 2007 IP