1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid Forum Posting Work has Been Devalued!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by emmaonline, Jan 22, 2007.

1. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    He himself is a poster not a person hiring anyone.

Regards

paidhosting, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  2. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah, but what angelus means is that s/he wants to find the employer of that poster.

devin, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  3. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have ran 2 successful paid posting services. In which I paid .15 - 25 cents a post. There were some jobs that were at .10. I also run another company as well and I pay my writers .15 to .20.

There are some services that are outsourcing and not doing quality writing. And their customer service is, well to say subpar.

Overall you pay for what you get. Not only that. For those who order such packages, are you asking any valuable questions.

1. Where are they located at?
    2. What is the primary language of your writers?
    3. What are the average age of such writers?
    4. How long have they been in business?
    5. Has the company been bought and sold? If so, how many times?
    6. Are they providing sample posts. But you also have to remember sample posts are not everything.
    7. Do they let you know ahead of time, before taking any payments. If they can do the job.
    8. When will the posting begin?
    9. How long will the job take?
    10. Are you expecting a service to provide 300 quality posts within 72 hours of payment? If so that is ridiculous. Average forum poster should make between 1 - 10 quality posts a day.
    11. Do they provide a listing of user names?
    12. Do they give you any updates or follow ups? Is their customer service quality?

And yes posts should actually be between .10 and .25 cents. If anything paying their posters .12 - .15 realistically.

I never take on a job I know my posters can not handle. I also do a refund if requested withing a reasonable amount of time and within reason. If there were any posts made. I evaluate whether or not if they are quality and discuss these posts with client. And give a partial refund.

I also provide a TOS. I wonder how many clients actually read any Services TOS. I highly recommend it. A TOS should be intact on the main page, just like a disclosure policy for blogs.

I could go on forever talking about this matter. I also have written several articles about Paid Posting Services at Paid Post Help & Info .

And by no means am I an expert. But I have been in the business long enough to know that the pay should not be so low. And yes there is some research or previous knowledge to be had to be posting at certain forums. It doesnt require a heavy knowledge. But enough to know what to say and what not to say.

I also despise services who copy and paste jobs. Those who plagerize. And those who get hired by other services, than take the job back to their company and pay their people like .05 and they are getting paid .10 - .25 cents. Major faux pa and unethical.

lpstong, Feb 3, 2007 IP
    cccwebmedia likes this.
  4. emmaonline

emmaonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    So would we all but they are few and far between!

emmaonline, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  5. andyt

andyt Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll paypal anyone here 0.25 per post up to 20 posts if you post at my iphone forum. Send me a PM if interested. Should be 2 sentences or more, not copied from anywhere or outsourced, and native english.

andyt, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  6. souljaboytellem

souljaboytellem Banned

Best Answers:
    yea you would pay 20 bux

souljaboytellem, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Due to the low quality of posts you get (a lot of forum posters have no idea about the topic that they are posting), I don't pay more than $0.10/post.
    However, if I knew that you were qualified and knew about the topic you were posting about, I would pay $0.15/post.
    I am currently looking for forum posters for a Movie Forum and a Video Games Forum.

ablaye, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  8. edr

edr Guest

Best Answers:
    If you have a forum on left handed blind dentistry then you can bet that forum posting services will be unlikely to serve your needs. Writers for services are the same as the general public and extremely niche subject matters command extremely niche writers. If you go to a doctor with a headache you might get aspirin for two dollars or you might need brain surgery for thousands. The analogy being simply that you simply can't expect to pay ten cents for informed discussion posts. That's ridiculous.

edr, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  9. riftshighway

riftshighway Active Member

Best Answers:
    What can 10 cents buy these days?

A stick of gum? 30 seconds at a nickel arcade?

Why would you expect more?

riftshighway, Feb 6, 2007 IP
  10. alur3n

alur3n Peon

Best Answers:
    I post at $0.25 per post, people are willing to pay that for informative posts in good English moreso than for non-native English speakers spamming their 'General Chat' and 'Jokes' sections.

alur3n, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  11. sypad

sypad Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you check out postonmyforum.com (the ad that shows at the top of this page)? Averaging it out, they seem to get between $0.28 and $0.35 per post... of course they have to pay for advertising as well, but that appears to be a good rate.

sypad, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  12. sandrodz

sandrodz Peon

Best Answers:
    try to go through an economics book... job specialization and efficiency :)

sandrodz, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  13. NoahM

NoahM Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone ever worked out how much the revenue sharing for this forum would work out to be per post?

NoahM, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  14. Skellig

Skellig Active Member

Best Answers:
    Skellig, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  15. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    Very few forum owners seem satisfied with previous posters. I see the same owners posting the same requests with slightly different terms over and over. I realize they want new people, but having some posters stay around helps a forum look more real.

So I wonder if these owners have ever looked through previous posts, contacted the posters they liked, and offered them a higher rate. Or do they just keep coming back and offering a low rate then feel dissatisfied with what they get.

Any owner that offers five cents a post deserves the general forum entries "What your job?" and "What your hobby?" I did this once, and will never do it again. I also don't post any longer on any forum that's on a subject I don't really know much about. It's much easier to post about something that interests you. And the easier it is to write a post, the more you make per hour.

stilloutthere, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  16. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is one thing a few people may know. But many posters work for several posting companies. Some under the same name or under different names. Hence maybe the same quality of work that one may see.

lpstong, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  17. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used to work for a posting place that offered $0.30 per post, but the owner disappeared :( I've been looking for new jobs, but can't find anything close to that rate any more. I've taken on some of the lower paid ones, just to have a little pin money coming in, but it is hard to post for those places because all the other posters just churn out junk - half the time not even reading the content of the thread and just guessing by the subject line.

I miss the place I used to post for - the posters were dedicated, most of the posts were 30 or 40 words long at a minimum, and they were well researched and relevant.

You only get that, as a forum owner, if you pay for quality. If you pay $0.10, you'll get 'Where do you live' and 'What is your favourite colour' threads in the off topic section :(

etali, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  18. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    I used to have a gang of posters who worked for me....
    We did really good money, but then it got devalued so I fired them all.

KingofKings, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  19. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    with a .45 ? :D:D

devin, Feb 21, 2007 IP
  20. kiplarson

kiplarson Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, what companies are good?

I might be looking into doing this for one of my forums. My budget is > $100. Not all paid upfront either.

kiplarson, Feb 21, 2007 IP