1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pages indexed

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Lucky Bastard, May 15, 2005.

1. chiefshuddle

chiefshuddle Banned

Best Answers:
    I emailed them 25 different times about the same problem and have never gotten a response, this is from a site that has been listed with them for well over a year.

chiefshuddle, Jun 10, 2005 IP
  2. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bingo............. my guess is that paid inclusion will get you indexed the way you should be.

For those with problems, are you in the directory?

longcall911, Jun 10, 2005 IP
  3. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    yes. we are in the directory.

gemini, Jun 10, 2005 IP
  4. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like they have messed up with all the changes. My sites dropped out of the top rankings today and no traffic at all. Could this be a server problem? all of my sites are indexed?

Arnie, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  5. chiefshuddle

chiefshuddle Banned

Best Answers:
    Not in the directory but I will be damned if I pay them 300 bucks a year to list me there.

chiefshuddle, Jun 11, 2005 IP
  6. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Still not listed in the directory.

When I submitted to the Y! dir, I should have added some "additional comments" in the field by that name, that asked why only 1 page of my site was indexed still after it being out there and spider-bait for months already.

Lucky Bastard, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  7. chiefshuddle

chiefshuddle Banned

Best Answers:
    Why, its not like they look at them anymore, unless you pay and then they STILL don't have to list it.

Like I said, sign me up for a job that pays 300 bucks a shot and you don't even really have to do anything if you don't feel like it.

chiefshuddle, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  8. Jade456

Jade456 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, me too :D Personally, I think yahoo sucks, but that just me. It was mentioned earlier, but the best way to get your other pages indexed in yahoo is to put them in a blog or get other external links to your interior pages. Yahoo is very picky sometimes, but you should be able to get your site indexed in a reasonable time period.

Jade456, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  9. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is interesting,

My site is quite well indexed by slurp but not by google.
    I think yahoo is more generous since my site is only 1 week old when i submitted to its engine and use rss to get it to index my page.

After doing that rss thing and submiting, slurp came and my page get indexed in about 3 days (not all of course). It makes weekly visit, but not to all pages.

Google have been troublesome. It is so hard to impress googlebot. Always come, visit my front page and leave. Bugger!

iskandar, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  10. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Got my site listed in the big Y! directory a couple of days back.

See if that helps Y! list more pages of my site in their index, and naturally my main keyword terms too.

Lucky Bastard, Jun 18, 2005 IP
  11. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I have had the reverse probelm, I have an old site that is in the directory and this site has fallen from the first page of yahoo for my main real estate keywords. I just created a new site just a little over a week ago and this site is not in the directory but yet ranks higher than my old site for the same primary key phrase on the second page. I think I am ready to pull my hair out.

Las Vegas Homes, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  12. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think for some reason yahoo is only showing pages that have links pointed to the page specifically for some wierd reason....

xboxundone, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  13. Affiliate-Geek

Affiliate-Geek Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe either the linking strategy is wrong or the spider is getting lost in your code. I would run your pages in a spider emulator and see what happens. Also, run you pages in html checker to see if their are any problems that would hold the spider back.

Affiliate-Geek, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  14. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, since Yahoo! dropped a lot of pages recently, who knows what kind of other problems they might have. From my own experience Yahoo! never was bad to my sites. I just checked a few and out of half dosen sites only one has 1 page indexed and all others are just fine. The "white crow" is only a few months old, but other than that I have no explanation. Also, I know when Y! bangs sites from their index - usually only the page from their directory survives, but if you don't have one - they all will be gone.

gemini, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  15. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Still no luck getting more pages indexed...if that doesn't change I will not be continuing my Y! directory listing..no value in it.

Anybody have a Y! support for webmasters email address? Please PM me or post here...

Lucky Bastard, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  16. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    parse the non-indexed pages into XML feed and hook them up into MyYahoo! should help. I don't suggest to create RSS/XML spam, you can have title of the page and small description like pressrelease about the new page and link goes directly to the new page. The title of the feed could be something about new info available on your site which can be easy accessed through this feed, I mean this all should make sense, not just links.

P.S. It was working beautifully before the last Y! update when a lot of indexed pages disappeared, but still I can see its picking up pretty fast.

gemini, Jun 30, 2005 IP