1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pages added then dropped

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Nitin M, Sep 29, 2004.

Am working with a brand new site and never seen this pattern before ...

Initially homepage + 4 addiitonal pages were indexed.

Then 3 days later, all of the pages linked from the homepage (about 30) were added to the index.

Now, 2 days later, am right back to having the original 5 pages indexed. It's as if google's index went back in time 48 hours.

I know I just need to wait and see what happens ... but anyone else experience this type of activity lately? I've never seen my indexed pages go backwards before... at least not during this initial stage of launching it.

Nitin M, Sep 29, 2004 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I believe this is fairly typical behavior. I remember about two years ago when I first saw it happen. A now you see it now you don't. Mine have always reappeared so fully expect yours will as well.

Shannon

Smyrl, Sep 29, 2004 IP
  3. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen it with new sites. Can't explain it, but I have seen it. It's been my experience that things will settle out with new sites (correct indexing/reporting) within 3 - 4 weeks after Google first finds it.

If you're doing much off page SEO you'll probably see the site jump in the serps for your target terms then dropp off the face of the earth for awhile again.

Disclaimer: your results may vary :)

GuyFromChicago, Sep 29, 2004 IP
  4. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I'll breathe easier and just wait and see ...

Nitin M, Sep 29, 2004 IP