1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pagerank... no more major updates?

Discussion in 'Google' started by arcadeorama, Oct 25, 2010.

1. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't seem to pay as much attention to PR updates as it does with its other ventures

golfpro1, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  2. arcadeorama

arcadeorama Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, for those trying to exchange links with other sites, among other uses, potential link partners look at the toolbar PR only...

arcadeorama, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  3. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google has lost its mind in PR update...

xc06, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  4. xjackx

xjackx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey folks,

Re: Toolbar: My impression is that PageRank in Toolbar is aimed more at the casual browser of sites who wants to get a general feel for the authority of a page. For this reason many people still believe we should leave it in Toolbar. Toolbar isn't primarily aimed at site owners who are looking for precise & reliable metrics that they can judge their site by or make decisions by. That's one reason it made sense to remove it from Webmaster Tools, which is designed specifically for site owners in a way that Toolbar is not. Personally I would love to see us remove PR from the Toolbar, but mine is not the only opinion in Google and the folks I have most contact with--site owners--aren't the only users or stakeholders of Toolbar.

> many people consider PageRank update as an update in their blog's report card
    Please see the link I posted above for ideas of other, better, "report card" stats. Just because a metric is easy doesn't mean it's worth watching.

> it does strike me as a little odd that such a feature would be removed with no public mention
    Really? It seems odder to me to do a blog post saying "Hey, check out our product--it no longer has X functionality! We removed it because we believe you don't need to pay attention to it... so we're doing this blog post to remind you not to pay attention to it." :-P
    Seriously, though, we've been recommending for some time now that site owners stop focusing so much on PageRank, so it seemed a natural progression. I'm actually kind of surprised that it created as much buzz as it did.

Susan Moskwa, Google Employee - 10/19/09

Source: http://www.google.com/support/forum...n&fid=6a1d6250e26e9e48000475ebf6d79b85&hltp=2

xjackx, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  5. arcadeorama

arcadeorama Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I don't care one bit about pagerank and never check it. When I'm missing out on link exchange opportunities that might help my sites, that's when I start to care...

arcadeorama, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  6. vnsmith

vnsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I don' think Google stops the major PR update..though I haven't receive mine as well for ages.. I guess they are having a hard time giving updates to all the sites at the same time.. Let's just wait for the next update, if that will happened soon..

vnsmith, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  7. tinycoin

tinycoin Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR is one of effect SERP

tinycoin, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  8. james356

james356 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe no update forever

james356, Oct 29, 2010 IP