1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pagerank IS imporatant

Discussion in 'Google' started by motherknucker, Sep 28, 2009.

?

PageRank (PR) important

1. Yes

60.4%
  2. No

39.6%
    Whenever i see a thread on Pagerank (PR) most of the experienced members always comment that PR is not that important, care for other things, build back links, get traffic, blah blah and more blah.

If PR wasn't that important then why have Google made it public ?
    Why have they given an option to check PR, why they made PR fitted toolbar ?

Google says there are more then 200 factors on which search engine rankings are evaluated. I say PR is one of the most important factors, if not then PR hoopla would have never been created.

PR is the only assessment with which we can judge our website in terms of SEO.

Keep the PR update threads going guys !!!

motherknucker, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  2. Jinx3000

Jinx3000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You've lost all credibility right there.

.... NEXT!

Jinx3000, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  3. downloadvyp

downloadvyp Peon

Best Answers:
    PR it is important,that is true,but surely not the most important.just one of the factors .i saw PR0 websites that rank high in competitive search queries

downloadvyp, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  4. CouponCodes

CouponCodes Peon

Best Answers:
    Good sites have good PR

CouponCodes, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  5. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand your question of "why did google create pagreank" if it didn't mean something. The answer to that question is that google DID plan on using that as a SEO tool (This is my view), BUT it quickly became clear that it was too easy to manipulate the SERP's with spam. This was a tool that any webmaster or SPAMMER could use with very powerful affects, and it quickly became obsolete.

I have PR2 sites competing on the first page of some difficult search terms with PR4 and PR5 sites. PR doesn't mean much anymore.

tyler_durden, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  6. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yet whats more important is your linking strategie and content systems

nowimhere, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  7. Patricianian

Patricianian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure it dose :) PR is mostly about Backlinks and BL's => High SERP's ;)

Patricianian, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  8. knight1

knight1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pagerank(PR) isn't the most important in terms of SEO but I believe PR shows authority and stability. I know that's one of the first things I judge a sites importance, PR and Alexa rank.

PR is more of a result from your Good SEO practices.

Also, many advertisers and anyone else who looks at your site for whatever reasons, they are going to judge your sites PR as well. You think they waste their time on a site that is 3 years old and has a PR 0, I don't think so. It usually would mean they are "doing something shady" or something is wrong with their site.

Higher PR also means more Moola you can charge for lets say, advertising other sites. (textlinkadds)

You can also get outranked in the serps if you are competing against a similar blog with higher PR than you. I'm talking about when both posts are brand new, aren't indexed yet and you have similar keywords and titles.

The Higher PR site will be ahead of yours. Now once you add backlinks to it that's a different story. Trust me, I've seen it firsthand a 1000 times on one of my blogs specifically about current events.

Other than that, no, PR doesn't really matter. :)

IMO

cheers!

knight1, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  9. comtec

comtec Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR does not necessarily mean earning income.

comtec, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  10. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Pr is important some people get a little addicted to it though. I have seen a few sites or pages rank fairly decent but with not much traffic. It don't do you a lot of good if you don't get traffic too. I like a combination of rank and traffic. I think for a small site or hobby site a pr1-pr3 is a decent accomplishment. A pr4 or above is excellent.

gameutopia, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  11. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    To who? Visitors don't even know what it means, and if all your site can draw is ad revenue for a living, then the whole thing may as well be an Adsense trap.

Advertisers don't care about it that much either as long as you are using Adsense or some other fly-by-wire mode of advertising. Visitors certainly do not know what an Alexa score or PR means, that much is a fact. The only people who care are your "competitors" if that's what they really are. I think most of them are wanna-be webmasters with a lot of time on their hands.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  12. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    Never seen a popular site with a bad PR.
    Except mine.

So yes, PR IS important. Commonsense tells me so.

Steupz, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  13. jessicalore

jessicalore Guest

Best Answers:
    I think PR is like something a webmaster can show other webmasters he is doing something right on the web. It is like a diploma or something, it not going to give revenue or traffic but definitely is something to be proud of.

jessicalore, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  14. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    What this genius said

Steupz, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  15. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    This sounds like a contradiction all the way. You have a "popular" site with bad PR, so you "believe" PR is important? I don't know, I don't get it. Must be a language barrier issue. I just don't understand doublespeak.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  16. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pagerank was important long time ago for buying/selling links but nowadays the traffic is the most important for a successful business.

earticles, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  17. rahmanbasri

rahmanbasri Peon

Best Answers:
    If we have new site produced, just make a backlink to high PR website..

just leave it a comment on that site..

rahmanbasri, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  18. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The only people who know the actual importance (or lack of importance) of PR are the inner circle of Google employees who work with the ranking algorithm(s). The rest of us are merely offering, at best, educated guesses.

I've learned in life that it is usually wise to "follow the money trail". It is clear that Google is still investing significant amounts of money to maintain their patented PageRank. That suggests to me rather strongly that Google still considers PR to be important, at least to them, regardless of the widely varying opinions of webmasters.

How important? Only Google knows. The rest of us are only offering opinions.

Jim4767, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  19. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is important to get a good sERP on Google but you are not going to need it on the rest of the search engines.

Let's be reminded that there a lot of search engines that can give some valuable traffic to our site. It would be better if we could get a little piece of ever search engine than just fight over Google traffic.

Chancey, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  20. lxguy

lxguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course,it's important,but don't take it too seriously.Pay more attention to the quality of the site.

lxguy, Sep 28, 2009 IP