1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PageRank 9 Website on Sale on Flippa

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by supermario, Jun 22, 2011.

supermario, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  2. heavywebuser

heavywebuser Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow interesting. Yeah I didn't ever see a PR 9 ever go for sale either. I know a PR8 Biography website was on sale and broke a record. Just Google "PR8 Biography site"

"PR8 Biography site, s9.com sold on the Flippa website marketplace last month for over $400,000"

But it seems like this PR 9 website you listed doesn't have as much content as s9.com so I don't see it going for nearly that much.

heavywebuser, Jun 22, 2011 IP
    supermario likes this.
  3. webspinner

webspinner Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice find supermario. Seems like a nice, established, and well designed website in addition to being a PageRank 9. Yahoo "linkdomain" command shows over 36, 000 backlinks. I won't be surprised if this ends up north of $100, 000
    Yeah crazy what s9.com sold for. It also didn't have much traffic so I'm not sure how someone justified paying $400, 000 for it. And that was PR 8, this one here is PR 9 so it will be interesting to watch where it ends up. But I think anything over 100k is overpriced.

webspinner, Jun 22, 2011 IP
    supermario likes this.
  4. sinclair89

sinclair89 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks for the link. I'm going to be following this one!

sinclair89, Jun 22, 2011 IP
    supermario likes this.
  5. supermario

supermario Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No problem for the link, I was also like "WOW" myself when I saw it on auction. If I had the money, I would bid on it! Just from the home page you can sell each link for about $900 a month. So if you sell 6 links a month (which shouldn't be too many to raise any flags), that's $64,800/year just from the homepage doing nothing, and you can also sell links on all the internal pages that have high PageRank like this PR 7 page: http://www.ipodder.org/directory/4/ipodderSoftware and so on, so you can make over $100k a year just from link sales assuming the PR stays high. ;)

supermario, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  6. webmindz24

webmindz24 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow.. but still not impressed with bidding because there is no revenue generated through the site.

webmindz24, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  7. tadams

tadams Peon

Best Answers:
    It will be interesting to see what this goes for eventually.

tadams, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  8. ginak59

ginak59 Peon

Best Answers:
    Given that, if the profits are so lucrative, why is it up for sale? I'm always a bit suspect when something seems to good to be true.

ginak59, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  9. webspinner

webspinner Peon

Best Answers:
    ginkak59,

They're not claiming ANY profits (other than a few hundred bucks from Adsense they tested on few of their pages) The current owner is not selling links. I guess they don't want to take the risk in overselling and said they will sell advertising on it if they don't get their reserve price on auction. So if someone has a higher risk tolerance than the owner, they can probably make their money back in less than a year on this iPodder auction. So I'm not sure if I would call it "to good to be true" since the new owner will have to pray that the PR stays at what it has been the last few years - a 9/10. So I would say it's a good deal if someone can get it for under $100k, and not a good deal if they pay more... Interesting to watch

webspinner, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  10. techabsolute

techabsolute Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no one is able to submit any auction yet....:)

techabsolute, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  11. shareservices

shareservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Current bid is only $20k which is pretty low for a PR9 site regardless of traffic or revenue.

shareservices, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  12. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    where you find the person who willing to pay $900 for a one month ?if you provide me only one customer i will buy this website even i have to pay 80,000 dollar

Irfi0009, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  13. DoctorFred

DoctorFred Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you won't get that much money if you use a broker ;) you would have to sell links yourself otherwise at least 20-50% of the revenue will go to the link broker.
    If you look at the owner's comment in the auction:

"Text Link Sales Projections I received from TLA (text-link-ads.com): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4140631/iPodder/iPodder.org Projections1.xls
    "

TLA is selling the links for $750 and they had another broker lined up willing to pay $900 per link.

DoctorFred, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  14. - jeff -

- jeff - Member

Best Answers:
    Me thinks it's a great way to advertise a PR9 site and drive visitors way up.

- jeff -, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  15. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A pr9 with low traffic 11k page impressions like 200$ in earnings real price is like 2-3k
    Another exemple of the big importance of "PR" even a moron that belives blind in PR won't give such much money it's ridiculous ...

w3bmaster, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  16. supermario

supermario Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree, anything over 100K would be madness to pay for this site as the PR could go down, google is so unpredictable. But, I still think that its a great deal to grab that site anything near 90-100K USD. I do think that such kind of money could be generated within 1 or 1.5 years from this website for sure.

Yeah that is too less, I wish there was no reserve price - I'd go ahead and place a bid right now :p I tried asking him the reserve price but I didn't had that kind of funds available right away.. but if I had I would have grabbed this deal right away.

I fully agree with you. But also when you send emails to people yourself that we are interested to sell links on our website people tend to quote less prices or don't even show interest to buy. The best is to get emails from the buyers themselves and those are some real buyers and also willing to spend something good. And selling with TLA for 750/Month/link isn't a bad deal too! One could still make decent money at the end of the year.

Lets see how this auction goes! I'm just exited to watch it and in case the auction does not gets successful I'm going to email the owner if he is willing to sell for a cheap price :p LOL

supermario, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  17. m0nk3yb0y

m0nk3yb0y Peon

Best Answers:
    can someone tell me why this site has such a high PR rating?

Confused
    MB

m0nk3yb0y, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  18. tinycoin

tinycoin Active Member

Best Answers:
    only 155k $ ??

tinycoin, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  19. coopersPick

coopersPick Active Member

Best Answers:
    so wait if I have a site with over 500,000 back links and a PR of 4 or 5 does that start to put my site close to the six figure range?

coopersPick, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  20. heavywebuser

heavywebuser Peon

Best Answers:
    You wouldn't because you have a PR 4/5, this is a PR 9 site so that's why the value is so much more. PR 9 websites are extremely rare. There's probably less than 100 of them on the whole web!! (Pagerank is a logarithmic scale so a PR 9 is probably 1000 times more valuable than PR 4)

heavywebuser, Jun 24, 2011 IP