1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pagerank 8 ....how?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by RectangleMan, Apr 5, 2006.

1. hit4biz

hit4biz Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but this statement ist definitely NOT true...
    Please do a research first before you post such statements. Thanks! :D

hit4biz, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  2. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Please do some more research and even more reading before posting, because google doesnt count backlinks (that yahoo or msn show) in their PR Algo, and all that backlinks (the ones that google shows) so far are from forums only :rolleyes:

SEO Guru, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  3. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are some really jealous people in this thread. And why exactly is his site junk? There's nothing wrong with his site, it's a nice forum.

The guy that owns warpocity, you should be happy with your pr3 or whatever you have, Google is VERY nice to give you that much. You certainly shouldn't be screaming about his forum, it's twice the site yours ever thought about being. At least his site is useful lol.

Anyway, everyone thats screaming at this guy is clearly jelous and crying like little babies. Congrats on the pr8(if it sticks).

ly2, Apr 8, 2006 IP
    RectangleMan likes this.
  4. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    That topic is already over :D, now we are back to the main topic and seeking the reason why exactly is the site showing PR8. So please dont scratch old wounds :mad:.

SEO Guru, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  5. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that pr on my sites has gone up dramactically recenrtly, I have a ton of indexed pages I think this has a lot to do with it.
    Congrats btw!

Mark Davies, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  6. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks ly2. I am as shocked and perplexed as anyone. Also..I do not expect the PR to stick. If I maintain a PR6 I would be happy but more realistically I expect a PR5. I don't pretend to know WHY google has given me a PR8 but what...should I email them and say "hey take away some of my PR please". I like some of the theories about why it's a PR8 and really that's why I started this topic. I highly doubt that I or anyone could duplicate this. So far it seems no one can explain it and no one else has seen a similar effect. I wonder if I will get lucky and PR won't update for 6 months. :)

RectangleMan, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  7. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    LOL, PR hasn't updated for 6 months already, at least for those with older sites.

Roman, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  8. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
  9. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    In the Feb 18th PR update most older sites did not update. In that Update I had my new inner pages go PR5 and my home page stay PR4., other sites, one I expected to lose PR all stayed the same.

Roman, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  10. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    Hmm..I don't do that deep of an analysis on a PR update. I had not noticed that only inner pages had a PR change but not homepages.

11. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    I was expecting higher PR for my home page so I did a lot of checking and it's safe to say the majority of pages with PR prior to the Feb. update never changed.

Roman, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  12. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm talking in terms of seo. Else you'd see PR8's at the top of all serps. This is my opinion.

I have a PR8 website. Apparantly my word isn't good enough, this domain earns me some serious money. I don't want to show it to every webmaster in the world and have people get their grubby hands all over it. I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm trying to protect my investment but prove a point. This domain went from 6 to 8.

I have shown the domain to a respected DP member (Honey) whom I have asked to vouch for me.

SERPalert, Apr 9, 2006 IP
    honey likes this.
  13. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Checked and confirmed to be PR8. 100% agreed. Nothing fishy here. Seems perfect. Checked with Toolbar, McDar and Seochat.com

honey, Apr 9, 2006 IP
    SERPalert likes this.
  14. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    You see how it sounds?
    Well, I have 3-4 PR 10 domains and I'll ask some xyz member of this forum (whom I have sent $10 via paypal) and he/she'll confirm it to you all. :rolleyes: But as usual I dont want to show it to everyone because I want to keep my site secret, as its not for public viewing. On the other hand I own a service providing company serpalert.com which has backlinks only from my siggie and that too since 3-4 months back, and everyone knows I like to exaggerate things. :rolleyes:

Awrite Gimme a break.
    Who will believe that story?

SEO Guru, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  15. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you think every DP member including me would vouch for $10, then there is no point in arguing, coz we ain't going to get to a conclusion.

If I were in the PR8 owner's shoe, I would not have shown the URL in public here, period. Obvious reasons. Everybody has secrets and they are part of the business.

And you beleive it or not, his website is a PR8, I have seen it. Now everybody has the choice of beleiving or not beleiving. I don;t care, coz I don;t even own it.

Who will believe that story?
    -- Well, I do. If you don;t, that's okay. It's your free will, like everybody else's.

honey, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  16. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    If someone can't tell out his site url, then wats the point in discussing your case here? :confused:
    Just keep all that thing secret, why even bother to tell that you own a PR8 site? Who asked you to?
    Anyway we'll discuss this issue in someother thread. :)

SEO Guru, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  17. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    who says you HAVE to tell your URL to discuss your case ?

You know about widgets ? And why and how it started ?
    Red Widgets ? Green Widgets ? Blue Widgets ?

Same idea.

honey, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  18. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    You know I also know how to do that :rolleyes:
    Hey you know your kids are real cute. :)
    Get the point?
    So, please lets get it back to the topic.

SEO Guru, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  19. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, neither of you or me own the PR8 's in question anyways, lol ;)

honey, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  20. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    Correct. I own probably over 2500 domains, just because one is PR8 doesn't mean they all are. In fact the majority are 0. Your arguement is laughable. I don't have to be transparant at all. Why would I need to show off, why would I need to lie? I have nothing to gain. I don't care about the PR8, I've said it is undeserved.

I'm only discussing here that I have gotten a PR8 as well - I was throwing it into the discussion to aid labrocca in his diagnosis of the 'abnormality'. I don't care if you or he believes me or not.

I've participated in many hundreds of webmaster discussions on and offline where people do no reveal their domain, their industry or little else in specifics. - That's the way it is.

Do you accuse everyone of lying in every topic who offers an opinion?

SERPalert, Apr 9, 2006 IP