1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

page views

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by hamids68, Jul 16, 2011.

awstats reports 77000 page views for one day of my website.but sitemeter and google analytics report about 28000 page views per day. which one is reliable?

hamids68, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  2. Jaish_D

Jaish_D Peon

Best Answers:
    well this throws a up a disparity in results with awstats, somehow i would rely on google analytics. and moreover sitemeter too is conforming in results with GA.

Jaish_D, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  3. asoltech

asoltech Peon

Best Answers:
    How to increase your page view can you explain me.

asoltech, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  4. wmdt

wmdt Peon

Best Answers:
    i never use awstarts or sitemeter, but i prefer and rely to GA.

wmdt, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  5. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Neither analytic mediums is 100% accurate because each is measuring different things.

For example, Awstats works from the actual server logs and does its best to extract information from that. google is only tracking those of your visitors with JavaScript enabled and so will miss out on around 6-10% of your visitors completely.

In any case trying to estimate such things as unique visitors when all you have to go on is the IP address (where the same address can be used by many different people and the same person can have different IPs at different times) will give different results depending on exactly how it determines whether multiple page loads are likely to be the same person or not.

manish.chauhan, Aug 1, 2011 IP