1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

page redirect

Discussion in 'Google' started by csdname, Jun 2, 2011.

I have used this code
    <meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html"> to redirect one to other, do google recognise the site like one site only?

csdname, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  2. MTG

MTG Peon

Best Answers:
    Well when Google crawls your redirect page it will only find that code so then Google should link both of them together, so I would say yes.

MTG, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  3. untungsupriono

untungsupriono Peon

Best Answers:
    The short answer to your question is yes, Google will recognize a non-deceptive <meta> refresh as the equivilent of a 301 redirect. They have been doing this for four or five years that I know of, but Google representatives have been discouraging this practice recently, so you should only use it if you have no way of having the host server issue the 301 response codes directly. My advice is to use a delay setting of 0, and remove all of the original content from the page and replace it with a simple, direct HTML link to the target page with a brief explanation that the original page has moved. Good luck!

untungsupriono, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  4. webhelphand

webhelphand Peon

Best Answers:
    How about setting up a 301 redirect? That should make you safe in this situation.

webhelphand, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  5. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    They have been discouraging this method for a long time now. A lot of sites say you should use 301 permanent redirect in .htaccess file. They don't say you can't do it, but they recommend 301 I guess they recognize, count, and update it better. It used to be popular a long time ago, but not so much now. If you do not have access to .htaccess file modifications it might be your only option otherwise go with .htaccess 301 redirecting.

gameutopia, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  6. nancy12

nancy12 Peon

Best Answers:
    301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for web page redirection.

nancy12, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  7. jyhqp

jyhqp Peon

Best Answers:
    I want more information baout 301 redirect.

jyhqp, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  8. massjo

massjo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use 301 redirect, its the user friendly.

massjo, Jun 14, 2011 IP