1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Redirect/Forwarding

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by MarkStrobel3367, Jun 1, 2015.

I had a flash game designed for me a while back. This flash game contains two links that forwards to a website that was recently replaced. However, the domain name is the same.

1. Is there any way that I could have a page url of a site that no longer exists, redirect to an existing website page?

2. Is there any way that I could edit a flash game to change the url links or is the game designer the only one who could edit it?

Thanks.

MarkStrobel3367, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

For your 1st question : Yes, you can do this by using a htaccess Redirect to the old website domain name...

For the 2nd Question : if you know how to edit the Flash Game source so it's possible.. otherwise ask the game maker...

Goodluck

themes4all, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  3. RezzRaygun

RezzRaygun Member

Best Answers:
    1) If it's the same domain name and just a page that no longer exists, it is easy to redirect.

There are a number of ways to do this;

Editing the .htaccess file in the folder of the domain. This is a hidden file but can be edited with any basic text editor. This is the recommended method.

Redirect /old-page.html http://www.domain.com/foldername/new-page.html
    Code (markup):
    You can also create a php file at the old url to redirect which will look something like this.

<?php

header("Location: http://www.domain.com/foldername/new-page.html");
    die();

?>
    PHP:
    If you are not comfortable editing your .htaccess file, you can redirect through cpanal.

Login to Cpanal.

Scroll down untill you see 'Domains' and click on redirect.

Choose the type as 'permanent 301'. Choose the domain if you have multiple attached to the account.

Type the old URL in the first box and the the redirected page in the second box.

Check 'Redirect with or without www.' and then click 'Add'.

Test to make sure it works.

2) If you want to edit the SWF file and don't have access to the original source. You can get applications that decompile SWF's and convert them to a .fla file so that they can be edited, but you will still need to use Flash to make the changes and recompile it back into a SWF file.

I haven't used Flash in years so I assume this is still true.

RezzRaygun, Jun 14, 2015 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.