1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Rank Petition Thread :

Discussion in 'Google' started by joey112, Sep 26, 2007.

1. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't be so childish - you don't get to make rules about who is or isn't allowed to post in a thread, or what they're allowed to say.

magda, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  2. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Me childish? I don't care what people have to say about this, the fact is its a petition. We stated that out at the start of this thread. And the 100 signers agree with me, leave this a petition and condemn it in the other pr thread if you need to.

joey112, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  3. Kuldeep1952

Kuldeep1952 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google has its own set of major issues to sort - Paid links, CN domain spam, etc. IMHO updating the PR toy would fall low down in their priorities.

Kuldeep1952, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  4. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Signed: RichUser

RichUser, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  5. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    paid links and the PR toolbar are closely related of course. almost all paid links are sold based off the PR toolbar (ie link sold at a certain price due to it's PR toolbar level.) Google knows this and I think that's part of the reason they are not updating it. If they wanted to damage the paid links industry severely (and I think they do) all they'd have to do is never update it again. I think they like their PR toolbar thingy but... I can imagine them deciding that it just causes more harm than good. This thread certainly isn't going to help matters any... I just came across this -> http://www.pdxtc.com/wpblog/archives/433 which has an interesting take on the whole thing... Perhaps Google wants the PR to toolbar delay to last longer to discourage spammers? Maybe they'll start making it a year delay. Who knows with these cats... It's kind of interesting although it doesn't really effect me much. PR toolbar should really only matter to those who sell links. So by acting so concerned about it, you just make yourself look "guilty" (of selling links which Google considers some sort of high crime.)

Zibblu, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  6. ianternet

ianternet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is just getting greedy - you see the new adsense style youttube vids?

ianternet, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  7. Mr Goldwing

Mr Goldwing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Signed: Mr_Goldwing

Mr Goldwing, Sep 28, 2007 IP